• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

loading technic question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
i this might sound really green to you folks but what the hell

i just recently switched from pneumatics to band powered and i have a few questions.

the particular gun that im using is an AB Biller 36" professional and it has two 9/16'' bands
what im wondering is if im supposed to load both bands at the same time. so far ive been u sing one band at a time but i want to pack some more punch withcout having to buy new bands, yet i dont wana spear my butt cheeks doing something im not supposed to.

LOAD EM UP!!!:D you will have no problem from that setup.

Yep, both of those bands are fine, being stretched back into the notches at the same time. Don't try to load them both at once, just stretch the rearmost band into the rearmost notch and then stretch the next band and so on... Before you think that all is said and done, be very, absolutely sure that when you're loading your gun, that you are pointing away from anybody or anything, and that the safety's on. And when you're done, before you get back to the boat, beach, float, whatever, that you unload the thing.

There are no stupid, or too basic questions in regards to this. Ask away.

sven

thanxs guys.

oh before i forget, other than shooting the gun, how else would i be able to unload it

If you are hip loading, just put the butt of the gun back in the hip, take hold of the band and pull back and up out of the notch...dont let go! keep the band under control while you release the tension...basically, just the reverse of loading...hope this is clear, if not Sven will help out, being the master of language that he is!

i get it. but isnt that kinda of unsafe.like if ur finger gets stuck somewhere in between the wishbone and the shaft???

anyways thanxs for the help

Squished fingers

Squished fingers are part of the learning curve. Dive with gloves and be slow, deliberate, and conscious when you load and unload the gun. If your wishbone is string, you have to consciously spread the rubbers when loading or unloading to prevent finger squeeze, until it becomes habit. Once you get it down, it will all become habit and your speed and efficiency will increase.

My gun is an MT-5 and I thought I was going to die the first few times I loaded and unloaded it, but its much easier now, especially since I figure out what a rest tap was. The barrel is so long that there is no way I can put the butt it on my chest or hip and still hold on to the rubbers. My arms are more than long enough to grab the rubbers once the wishbone is on the rest tab, but getting it to the rest tab is still a matter of brut strength. If I ever have another shaft made I am going to ask Riffe to put it further from the butt end of the spear.
Don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT