• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

London February Session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Simon_Reid

Jan 4, 2007
Hi Guys,

Monday February the 4th is the next Tribe session. The pool is nice and warm, and this month for the pre pool session, I was thinking of bringing some freediving gear along for a kit briefing.

We shall be logging PBs in static apnea. Time for you to strut your stuff and show us all how your training has been paying off. I shall be bringing along the normal static tables for practise too. (Some pretty tough ones)

Finishing off with a Toypedo session with now 2 Toypedos to keep you on your toes.

I shall be there from 6:45

7:00 - 8:00 Kit briefing (Tea & Biscuits)

8:00 - 9:30 PBs and Static Training

9:30 - 10:00 Toypedo

10:00 Sauna

Debrief (Tea & Biscuits)

Finish.

Regards

Simon.

Re: February Session

Hi all,

Yes I'll be there. Can anyone give me some pointers on the easiest way to get to the Streatham venue by public transport from Earls Court please? I'm sure I can work something out but far better to ask those who've already done it!!

Thanks in advance. I'll check back over the weekend for replies.
Catherine
:)

Unforunately I won't be able to attend due to work commitments.

Simon, I'm still very keen to make good use of the tables (both O2 and CO2) that you've put together. Can you e-mail them to me please mate?

Cheers,
Ian

Yes I'll be there. Can anyone give me some pointers on the easiest way to get to the Streatham venue by public transport from Earls Court please? I'm sure I can work something out but far better to ask those who've already done it!!
Catherine,

Best bet is to hop on the underground and head towards wimbledon where you can swap to another train heading towards streatham. Use the TFL website to get more info on exact journeys (select advanced search and not to use bus as it sends you on a longer journey with buses).

We can organise to pick you up from streatham station if that helps.

Hi guys,

Just to say, really enjoyed the introductory session I did the other week (thanks Simon) & am keen to come again soon, but I have a cold at the mo so won't be able to come tomorrow night. Definitely on for the March session, mind.

cheers

Brian A.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance. I'll check back over the weekend for replies.
Catherine
:)

Hi Catherine,

If you can get to West Norwood train station, then it's a bus up Knights Hill to Crown Point. Then right into Crown Lane, a 5 minute walk to number 47. I'll be there around 7pm

Regards

Simon.

Hi Guys,
its feels like forever since i came to a Tribe session, I am not sure when i will be back life has changed a lot recently, I hope tonight goes well and i see you not too far in the future. ktx

Catherine,

It might sound a roundabout route, but if you can get to East Croydon I can meet you there and go on by bus with you. It might just be easier for your first time.

J.

Hi Guys,

I've just been on to David and he says the pool is up to 31c today! He has also "gone green" and so does not use chlorine in the pool anymore.

He is using an organic product instead and the manufacturers say the product is so green it can even be safely eaten!

Well I wouldn't advise it as a substitute for breakfast cereal but David would like some feedback on what we think of it. He says the pool is clearer for it anyway, so if anyone finds any difference or adverse effects, sore eyes, itching, skin irritation etc. then let me or David know.

Don't worry, we aren't in any way guinea pigs, the product has been on the market for some years now.

The Toypedo aparently goes much further for it too! Something to do with altering the viscosity of the water???
Anyway, he says he can now start to introduce some freshwater fish into the pool to enhance our Tribe session enjoyment! No, we shall not be having spearfishing contests in there.....not immediately anyway

Regards

Simon.

Hi everyone!

I reckon the easiest route for me will be the train to W Norwood, then bus up the hill.

Thanks for your help, see you later.

If you can get to West Norwood Train station for 7pm, drop me a txt on 07952218851 and I'll pick you up on the way to the pool. I'll be in a Silver Landrover Discovery.

Regards

Simon.

Hi everyone!

I reckon the easiest route for me will be the train to W Norwood, then bus up the hill.

Thanks for your help, see you later.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT