• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

London January Session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Happy New Year everyone!

Just a quick note to say that we're planning on having a Tribe session on Monday 7th January.

Pool is nice and warm and ready for everyone.

We need a minimum of 4 members to come along to be able to run this session. Please let us know in this thread if you want to come along.

For those of you that still need to complete an induction - we've changed the rules. We now require all tribe members to have done either a Discover Freediving Short Course, a BFA pool induction or an AIDA course. If you still need to complete an induction then we will be able to put you on the next Discover Freediving course on 21st January.

More details on Discover Freediving at DeeperBlue.net - Fanatical About FreeDiving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing & Technical Diving

Thanks!

Re: January Session

Hi, yeah I need to complete the introductory course, count me in for 21 January!

cheers,

Brian Andrew.

Hi Stephan,

I also need to complete the introductory course so please count me in for the session on 21st January.

Many thanks,

Catherine.

Hi Stephan.....

Not going to be able to make it this time but hopefully see you at the S.E.T.T. end of the month.

Cheers...
Brian

I have a chest cold, so no diving for me this week. :(

Stephan, is it possible to do some regular training in 21/01/08 while the induction
is being run?

Cheers,
Ian

OK - i'm just waiting on Simon to confirm but we should be on for a session tonight even if we are low on numbers. I'll bring some little seen Freediving DVD's along just in case people don't want to get in the water too much.

Ian - we definitely want to run some training whilst the Discover Freediving courses are running but it will depend on numbers. Keep an eye on here and i'll let you know nearer the time.

Thanks!

Just back from Oman last night ... with a stinking cold and sore throat and ears, which I am sure you would be grateful I did not share with you.

See you on the 21st.

Hi everyone, I would love to come tonight, especially since I really need to train - but I have finally caught the nasty cold, too, so no water for me. Shame! See you next time, hopefully. Anna

unfortunately have a work emergency and won't be able to make it (if its on) tonight. sorry about the late notice
Rhys

Hi Stephan,

I've caught a bug in the last couple of days and my throat and sinuses is full of gunk :headso I don't expect I'll be sufficiently recovered for doing the intro course on Monday 21st. Can I get my name down for the next intro course you'll be running at Streatham please? I expect to definitely be well enough by then.

Sorry for the short notice.

Regards,

Catherine.

Catherine,

No problem!

Next Discover Freediving course is on 18th February.

At present we will have a number of spots open for regular training if people want to come along. £15 session fee will apply and you have to be mindful that there will be students completing their Discover Freediving course that evening.

I have a chest cold, so no diving for me this week. :(

Stephan, is it possible to do some regular training in 21/01/08 while the induction
is being run?

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian,

James is planning to be there tonight so you both can train together while I'm doing the Course.

I shall be with the students around the table for the first hour for the academic part of the course, so you have that time to do what you wish. After that I will be in the water with I think just two students now, so there will be plenty of room.

Can you bring a memory stick for me to transfer the static spreadsheet to you? I have it on my laptop which I will have with me tonight.

Simon.

Simon,

Thanks for the update. Yes, I'll be there tonight, however have work commitments, so it may be approaching 8pm by the time I arrive. I'll bring the memory stick along for the static tables too.

Cheers,
Ian

Sorry guys, I still have an ear infection so will not be able to make it this evening. Apologies if that leaves you on your own, Ian.

Hi Simon,

Noting that James isn't going to be able to make it due to illness - thanks for the heads-up James :p ... could you let me know who I could buddy-up with please Simon?

Cheers,
Ian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT