• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for a buddy to dive with

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kreis619

Mar 19, 2020
Hey guys new to maui and new to freediving. Born and raised in San Diego been an avid fisherman ever since I can remember. I was a commercial diver for 8 years and then got into hull cleaning for 4, so diving for 12 years. Just moving to maui I had to leave my fishing gear in a storage unit until I can afford to ship it so I decided what better way to get my water and fishing fix than to start freediving. I'm looking to meet some people willing to work with a newbie to freediving. I haven't yet started spearfishing because I want to be confident in that I know all the species and regulations before I start. Thanks guys

Welcome to DB! How does Maui compare to SD? Have you done any diving there yet?

Hey guys new to maui and new to freediving. Born and raised in San Diego been an avid fisherman ever since I can remember. I was a commercial diver for 8 years and then got into hull cleaning for 4, so diving for 12 years. Just moving to maui I had to leave my fishing gear in a storage unit until I can afford to ship it so I decided what better way to get my water and fishing fix than to start freediving. I'm looking to meet some people willing to work with a newbie to freediving. I haven't yet started spearfishing because I want to be confident in that I know all the species and regulations before I start. Thanks guys
I grew up in sd but just moved from florida. Worked as a commercial diver in the oilfield so diving here is a dream come true ...haven't really done any recreational diving because it felt like I was at work if that makes any sense haha. So when I got down here I bought my first set of freediving fins and absolutely love it

I get what you're saying. I used to be a liveaboard at a marina in SD. Spoke to the guy who cleaned the bottom of my boat, and he said he had never done any recreational diving. Guess he gets enough of being in the water from his job.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT