• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

looking for a portable air tank for a performance

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Elzan

Feb 21, 2021
Hi all,

I am a recreational freediver. I am also a professional performer and in my last performance I am doing apnea. I do the breath holding after other actions, so I start the hold with an already consistent CO2, and in addiction I do the breath hold in an uncomfortable position.

I would like to find a small portable tank to inhale from it just a moment before starting the holding (and then leave it and just do the hold). Does anybody know of the existence of such a tank? Also, would you recommend to inhale air or oxygen? (I don't do any deepening in the performance). I would like to use it in special cases, when I am tired or sick or I have a lot of adrenaline. Otherwise, I would just just my natural hold.

Thanks a lot!

I hope this gets to Elzan and Hydro-Mike,

Before I make any suggestions I would strongly recommend consulting with a Sports Medicine Doctor that deals with diving or a Dive Doctor.
Air embolisms have occurred with scuba divers. I'm not sure scuba or mini scuba mix with free diving breath holds, BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT. There are a number of products on the market. I like the MiniDive Pro because it can be filled without a dive shop (hand pump or mini compressor) - but that does not mean that you couldn't get in trouble with it if you are not a certified scuba diver. Maybe I'm overcautious. DiverC

Reactions: Elzan
One other overcautious hint: Oxygen and Nitrox (above 30% or so) can:
1) Explode
2) Could damage your lung.

Thank you DiverC for the reminder. Yes, I am in contact with an hiperbaric doctor who is also a freediver.

I would strongly recommend Nonos Mini Scuba Oxygen Air Tanks because it is Open at any time, breathing balance on-demand single regulator, with a pressure gauge, can show how much air.​

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…