• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

looking for a training buddy or club

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

coraggio

May 19, 2003
Hi, I'm living in Indian rocks beach florida and looking for a apnea training buddy or freediving club. I spent a year in the south pacific , joined a apnea club there and fell in love with freediving and spearfishing. Now I am having a difficult time finding someone to freedive and spearfish with in pinellas county. I am not a fan of scuba spearfishing, So I am in the minority here. Any help that someome could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lance

Try finding the St Pete Underwater Club through one of the dive shops or look up Jim Zumwalt, who lives near you. This club has some of the best shooters in the state, mostly scuba, but they have won the nationals a few times as will.

This part of the gulf isn't very conducive to freediving spearos, conditions aren't quite right, but good luck.

cdavis,

Thanks for the info.

I have had some luck in the gulf freediving. I shot a few gag and red grouper about 10 miles (40 ft) off anclotte. Also I got a nice 25lbs. AJ at the Blackthorn, at about 60ft. The Gulf water doesn't have the best vis. but it's good enough.

Thanks again for the info

Lance

egmont key

Are you allowed to spear fish at egmont key? I whent snorkeling there two years ago, and saw a bunch of large sheeps head, and jacks. the only problem is that there are a lot of people, it might be a little unsafe. I'll be down there in July, and I was trying to think of places to dive, and spear.

Dan.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT