• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for advice on spray painting Freedive fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Can I spray paint my plastic Cressi fins black without it looking weird?

• Yes, should come out even and look awesome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it'll chip/rub off/ look uneven

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Aug 9, 2017
Hola! I am new to the forum.

I have recently purchased a pair of Cressi Gara 3000 in gray [picture attached]. I don't find the gray particularly flattering and am considering spray painting them a solid black (including the foot pockets). Any thoughts on this? Will it look uneven and weird? Has anyone done something similar.

Attachments

• cressi.jpg
    cressi.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 231
hi Aly,

I hope your spray paint project goes well.

I wish I had a picture to share, but ive only seen my friends fins in person.

my friend spray painted his cressi plastic fins with oil based spray paint and laid kelp over the fins as a stencil. using 2 different colors, he was able to make kelp camo over his fins. after 3 days of trying in a non su night high heat environment he did a dunking test in the bath and barely anything ran off.

I tried painting my omer black moom wetsuit aquaman colors with acrylic paint and mixer then failed miserably. it would consistently chip and flake in the water. I think there may be other properties in spray paint that make it stick.

to test the best results, try doing test runs with junk fins from your dive shop or local dump.

look up what type of plastic your fins are and try different spray paints on these junk slabs of plastic.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT