• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for beta testers for my new spearfishing/ freediving computer "Depth S"

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ggalisky

Apr 7, 2021
Hi Deeperblue members,

You might remember me from this thread: https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/diy-free-diving-computer-feedback.118542/#post-999311

I've since pivoted my computer design to use audio only, eliminated the screen, and renamed it "Depth S". Depth S is head mounted by either your googles or hood or both depending on preference. Depth S includes ascent and descent notifications, as well as max depth, dive time, water temperature, surface interval start, and surface interval end notifications. Notifications are spoken and do not include any loud or annoying beeps. Example: After a dive has been completed Depth S will speak to you and say "Surface Interval 2 minutes, Dive time, 1 Minute, Max Depth 15 meters". Depth S is fully wireless (wireless charging on QI charging pads, dive log export, and firmware updates).

IMG_4818.jpg
IMG_4707.jpg
IMG_4814.jpg

Images from left to right: 1. Depth S mounted underneath the strap of my googles, 2. Depth S on a counter top, 3. Depth S on a wireless charging pad

I am planning on adding more features including activating the optical heart rate sensor and dive logging features, but before I go crazy with adding features I wanted to get feedback from the community on my existing prototype so I can steer my software and hardware improvements in a direction that people want.

If you are in the southern California area (preferably around Palos Verdes) and are a freediver/ spearo and are interested in beta testing my computer, please respond to this thread and message me. All beta testers will receive a Depth S free diving computer to keep. Please note that you will not get to keep the computer you test, but you do get to keep a next gen one that includes improvements from beta testing once I built it :). (I also only have one working prototype right now!)

Thank you for your time,

Grayson

I plan to use it for my diving trip in Dahab, Is it ok if you ship it to my address to california?

A commitment of appreciation is all together for sharing, I tracked down a tremendous heap of enthralling data here. A remarkable post, amazingly grateful and obliging that you will make fundamentally more posts like this one.

skylightpaycard.com login

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT