• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for buddies to go freediving anywhere near the bay area! (monterey, santa cruz, san fran)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

iskkk

Mar 24, 2014
Hi everyone, just joined today and really really excited to go free diving for my first time! I'm near San Jose and looking for anyone at all who wants to go freediving in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, or anywhere near the Bay Area. I'm on my Spring Break starting from March 28th so I have tons of free time for freediving! :D

I don't care if you're experienced or not, I'm just looking for a buddy to go with for fun and safety. If someone experienced could come with and teach me the basics I'd really appreciate it!
Don't hesitate to let me know if you're interested!

Reactions: BatRay
Hey man, I just recently moved to the area and also looking at doing some freediving. btw, have you taken any classes? I am trying to find AIDA and CMAS instructors around the area. anyways would be nice to link up with someone for Freediving. Let me know!

FYI I just moved this thread to the regional/buddies area of the forum. However, I have also left a link in the original Beginners area of the forum, which will last 2 weeks.

Hi there,
I'm also kinda new to the forum, but will be in Monterey from 12-18 Sep 2014 and would love to go freediving there (preferably on 13 or 14 Sep).
Anyone around and keen?

Welcome to Deeperblue! I'm Fresno, which doesn't have a lot of good diving options, but I'd like to meet up at some point.

Have any of you guys taken the PFI classes out of Monterey?

Adding my name to the pool (pun potential noted)...

I also live in San Jose, and am new to freediving. My fascination was started on a snorkeling trip in Maui, with a guide who happened to be a freediver.

I won't be doing any diving locally until I complete my FII course in San Diego in a few weeks, and then purchase appropriate gear... but then I'll be interested in joint dives. (I'm thinking that having at least one experienced diver in any group dive would be a strong plus. :) )

Pleased to be here, thanks for all the info-

Bob

Hello there,

I am also located in The Bay, Living in San Francisco and also San Jose, back and forth during the week. I am a beginner, but have surfed and been in the San Francisco Oceans all my life.

Recently came back from Oahu and a Maui trip, I have a few friends there who take me spear fishing in the pass few years I have visited the Islands but nothing compares to the crazy surrounding we get here in Northen Cali. Looking to take a class up in Marin very soon. I have some equipment, just nobody to partner up with.

Cheers.
Reese.

Hi Guys,

Just got certified Level I SSI in Koh Tao, Thailand. (The island is a divers paradise and the guys at Blue Immersion were great.) Anyhow headed back to the bay area and looking for dive partners to progress with and keep that MDR kicking. I live in SF. Where are the good spot in the area?

Who did you take you class with? How did it go?
@
Hello there,

I am also located in The Bay, Living in San Francisco and also San Jose, back and forth during the week. I am a beginner, but have surfed and been in the San Francisco Oceans all my life.

Recently came back from Oahu and a Maui trip, I have a few friends there who take me spear fishing in the pass few years I have visited the Islands but nothing compares to the crazy surrounding we get here in Northen Cali. Looking to take a class up in Marin very soon. I have some equipment, just nobody to partner up with.

Cheers.
Reese.

I'm also new to free diving/spear fishing. I live in Redwood City, 30 miles south of SF. I'm taking the PFI course in San Diego in September. I have my own gear just not a gun yet. I plan on getting a pole spear first. I plan on doing local dives when I finish the class, and it would be great to meet some people before hand so we can set something up. Let me know if anyone is interested in a meet and greet.

Hey folks, looking for a dive buddy to train locally (SF) and dive (around the Bay Area)! Ideally someone who has high levels of stoke, and easy going about life but not about safety. I've been diving for about 5 years, and completed PFI intermediate a while back. Cheers, Jon

Hey all!

I just completed my first lvl 1 freediving course and absolutely loved it! I bought all my own gear and REALLY want to use it again soon. I live in SF with no car. would love to find a training buddy (lets go swim and workout and do yoga and breathing exercises together!) and someone who wants to take me down to monterey/wherever for dives.

PM me if interested!

Looking for a local spearfisher or snorkelbuddy in February 2017. I'm visiting San Francisco in February and would love to do some snorkeling. Can anyone here help me with company, spots, rules and what to do?
Kind regards from Lasse Bager Jensen, Denmark, Scandinavia.

Hey I'm in San Jose as well, I'm new to free diving and I'm ready to go out and spearfish around the bay. Please hit me up and let me know if you guys want to plan something. Is anyone available on Jan 14th this month?

Hey all!

I just completed my first lvl 1 freediving course and absolutely loved it! I bought all my own gear and REALLY want to use it again soon. I live in SF with no car. would love to find a training buddy (lets go swim and workout and do yoga and breathing exercises together!) and someone who wants to take me down to monterey/wherever for dives.

PM me if interested!
Hey folks, looking for a dive buddy to train locally (SF) and dive (around the Bay Area)! Ideally someone who has high levels of stoke, and easy going about life but not about safety. I've been diving for about 5 years, and completed PFI intermediate a while back. Cheers, Jon
hey man I would definitely love to train, I'm a newbie but I want to get good at freediving and spearfishing. I live in San Jose. Want to go diving this month of January?

January 14th is the first Monterey Bay Tritons club spearfishing dive. You should go and do a meet and greet. You may want to join the club after. That's how I joined. Usually meet at the end of Coral Street in Monterey.

Yes! I joined via online but I've yet to go to a meeting. Can I get someone's contact number in the Monterey Bay Triton's club? I just want to make sure I can meet up with them at the right time on the 14th

January 14th is the first Monterey Bay Tritons club spearfishing dive. You should go and do a meet and greet. You may want to join the club after. That's how I joined. Usually meet at the end of Coral Street in Monterey.

Yes! I joined via online but I've yet to go to a meeting. Can I get someone's contact number in the Monterey Bay Triton's club? I just want to make sure I can meet up with them at the right time on the 14th
I sent you a PMD with my number.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT