• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for freediving fins with very large footpocket

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dave S

Jun 11, 2003
I'm looking for some fins to use for both freediving and scuba... But it seems the size of my feet could cause problems trying to fit into full-foot fins.

I'm a size US12/EU46.5, and dive in cold water, so I'd need to be able to use these fins with wetsuit boots or socks, and in the future, drysuit boots (I'd be getting light/thin ones, like DUI's "turbo soles").

So can anyone recommend any fins available with big foot pockets? At the moment I'm looking at the range at http://www.spearfishing.com.au - Specifically the Omer Millenium Competition, Picasso Black Team and maybe Cressi Gara 3000, based on price and largest size available. I was previously considering Esclapez, but their largest size is 44-46, which would certainly be too small. I'm hoping the EU46-48 the Omer and Picasso come in, or the Cressi's EU46-47 will be sufficient...

Any comments on the quality of these fins would also be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Try to use the search option, I think Sven (Icarus pacific) already described somewhere how to transfrom human sized foot pockets into hoof-holders, by cutting it's top part, making holes and threading it with shoe-laces....:)

Esclapez makes an open-heel freediving fin with a strap. I would think that their biggest fin should fit you.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Originally posted by Erik
Esclapez makes an open-heel freediving fin with a strap. I would think that their biggest fin should fit you.
Yeah, I know, but the consensus seems to be that full-foot pockets are significantly more efficient... :confused:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT