• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

looking for notations of statics...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Farmer Mat

May 5, 2003
hi together,
once again i`m looking for some information for my work...
Does anyone have or knows where i can get some notations of the heartbeat during a dry/wet static apnea excercise?
I have a book but theres only one example in it... :vangry
I`d really like or even have to compare my results with others...
And those anyone worked ever with a capnograph and has some results now?
Well i heard that a some worldclass freedivers made some medical test, but i don`t know where to search these... - please help me if you can... :)

Maybe you can refer myself to someone who can maybe help me...

looking for your bright answers!
regards
Mat

Hi Mat,

There has been quite a lot posted on these forums. It may take a while, but the search button should give you a ton of data.

Connor

We have recently done an experiment on this, as part of a friends final project for his degree in physical education. Since the results might be published, I'm not sure I can send data to you. The best thing to do is to send an email directly to him and see if he can send them to you.
George Georgas: delfinos2000atyahoo.com

If he can't send them (something you shouldn't take personaly as these might be published), then I can tell you now that on average, heart rate starts falling right after the start of apnea and reaches a minimum heart rate at around 50% of the total apnea time (for example at around 3minutes on a 6min hold) and stays around the minimum (or falls just a little more) until a few seconds before the end of the hold.

hi connor,
your right about the stuff in the forum - a lot has been written about heartbeats during statics and all that stuff...
But the mostly they talk about the beginning and the end of static and no declarations of the circumstances...
I will do again some research tomorow and i will post a table of my heartbeat during a 4:20 dry static, so you may know what i`m looking for...
But first of all i will do more research :)
greets and good night
Mat

hi
i use a polar for a while now and my hr during maximum statics is usually 55-58bpm at the beginning, then it drops to 40-42 shortly after and stays around there until the beginning of contractions, then it drops to around 30bpm. it might be even a bit lower, but i found out that the polar doesn't show anything below 30. i haven't noticed an increase of hr before the end. after the static hr quickly goes up to around 70-75bpm. within 1.5-2 minutes hr is back at 55-60.

also after the static it takes quite a while until my legs feel ok again. vasoconstriction is really strong.

regards

roland

One thing is very clear on Wal's graph. His heart rate plummets right after contractions start. Seems to support the "no warmup" school of thought...

I posted a BPM+SaO2 graph of an exhale static table on my webpage (link in my profile). I would be happy to send you some more if you need them, just e-mail me and tell me what you are specifically looking for.

I am looking forward to hearing more about this study.

Great

hi,
first of all i`d like to thank everybody - that was exactly what i`m looking for... :)
My graphs look more or less the same - i am really happy about that - but i start with a pulse of about 55 then it increases within 30 seconds to 75 and decreases when the contractions start... and i end up with about 50 bpm - i think i dont have enough time to let my heartbeat fall to 40 and less... :waterwork
I will do some statics with my head under water - i`m interested in the differences...
and i will show you my results in two month, when my studies should be finished... :)
A quiet interesting point, maybe not very suprising was a static when i suffered from a cold - shame on me - but my heartbeat was between 90 and 95 during the hold and i ended up with 65 and i never ever felt such hard contractions...
So never do any excercises when you`re not feeling good in anyway... :duh

Regards
Mat

Reactions: commonerg
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT