• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for remote coach

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Grand Junction Mike

Dec 2, 2013
Hello, I'm looking to hire an experienced coach to help me move beyond beginner training. Mostly interested in static apnea. I'd love to do a competition sometime in 2014 just for fun. Just from my own dry training I can do 3:05.

The easiest way would be for me just to pay through paypal and set up a time for a phone consultation.

Let me know!

-Mike

Eric Fattah and Aharon Solomons both offer remote coaching.

Both are well regarded and experienced and both have very different styles.

Hello, I'm looking to hire an experienced coach to help me move beyond beginner training. Mostly interested in static apnea. I'd love to do a competition sometime in 2014 just for fun. Just from my own dry training I can do 3:05.

The easiest way would be for me just to pay through paypal and set up a time for a phone consultation.

Let me know!

-Mike

To improve your 3:05 static you don't need any elite coach helping you remotely. Just relax on your couch and keep trying. Basic things like relaxation, breathing and a good mental attitude will bring you good result.
You should thank me, im saving you money here. :)

Reactions: aris ioannidis
What sort of disciplines are you looking to compete in. If depth is involved you need someone who knows what there doing to teach you properly. this is not something you can do remotely.

I've been working with Aharon and I'm sure it will help with depth. EQ and flexibility was a main focus.

Highly impressed with him and his methodologies.

yes im sure he is very good . but it has been my experience that divers learning to dive at or below residual volume are at risk of squeeze injuries for various reasons. i just think there is no substitute for good hands on coaching . freedivers are notorious for trying to hide minor squeezes and this is an early indication all is not right with technique.

Indeed, that is precisely why I went to him... To help prevent squeezes below RV.

He's taught me the fundamentals, now I need to wait until the lakes thaw to put into practice some more.

In-person would be MUCH preferred however, but this way I can be coached over several months, without having to move to Israel. :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT