• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking to buy a used pair of fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PunkerTFC

Jul 16, 2001
Well, spring has finally arrived, and it's time for me to think about getting my gear together. I'm sick of using cheapo snorkel fins, and want to get my first set of real freedive fins. I'm looking for something in a smaller (foot size 7-8) size, with a somewhat soft blade. Also (and my biggest requirement) is that they are cheap, preferabally under $50 or 60. I'm a student, and have little to no extra cash. But I could pay more, if need be. I would really like a pair of esclapez (sp?) green or whatever the next stiffness level up from green is. Tell me what you got and how much you want for it.

I did see the Cressi gara 2000 HF's and the LD's in the new divestore, and what an amazing deal it is, but unfortunately they don't have them in my size!!!!

Alek

Next to Bangor,

Forget cheap, fins are your main lifeline! Get something in the mid-line at least. Make an investment in safety.

Lots of fin info on DB forums already - look further, then be safe first and cheap second. Dead is expensive!

Warmly,

Aaron

Last edited:
try e-bay

Alek,

Right now there is a pair of the green Escalpez fins in your size on e-bay. I have bought alot of my gear on e-bay (before discovering diveinn.com (now deeper blue shopping)). If you can get for under $40 or so, looks like a good deal.

Scott

Note - I wouldn't steer you away from deeper blue if they had the Cressi's in your size. E-mail them and if they are expecting a shipment soon, I would buy from them over e-bay as 1), the fins would be new; 2). they would carry a warranty; 3). you know you are buying from a reputable source (I mention this as the above referenced e-bay seller has some complaints - discount your bid accordingly).

esclapez fins

hah, it appears that I beat you to it. Right now I am top bidder on the auction. I think I'll go up to 45 or 50, but maybe a bit higher. At any rate, if the auction gets up to 65 including shipping, screw it, because I can get a pair of fins from deeperblue (diveinn) for that much shipped.

I have a question: For the sporasub h.dessault fins in the diveshop here, are the different-colored blades different stiffnesses? or are they colored for a style thing?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT