• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lost another good diver

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sad stuff, thoughts to his family and friends.
RIP.

Very sorry to hear about this. RIP and condolences to family and friends.
Well done Dave on the rescue efforts, I can only imagine how stressful that must have been. To find the diver and get him up on board is a true testimony to your ability and preparation.

Just to echo Simon's comments above - extremely sad news, my sincere condolences to family and friends.

This has been on my mind constantly since I read the bad news yesterday, as well as how stressful the rescue efforts must have been for Dave and the others involved - you guys did whatever was humanly possible and more in an extremely difficult situation. I'm really sorry again for your loss.

Terrible news and not great for Mullins who had to deal with the rescue and attempted revival. My thoughts are with you guys in your time of grief and loss.

Sara-Lise

:(

To Dave and the others in the rescue / recovery group - you may never be able to fully appreciate how much your efforts have helped Eric's family.

You just have to look to the recent loss of Adel to understand the impact of never knowing / having that closure.

My condolences to all involved and that knew Eric.

Sad times for survivors.
Good effort Mullins.
RIP.

Very sad news...we just lost another spearo up in Cape York yesterday to a crocodile.

RIP

:(

Incredibly sad - I just read about the one in Cape York. It's been a horrible couple of weeks with tragedies in NZ, Cape York and West Australia. My condolences to those involved and their families.

Ben

How sad :(. Condolences to family, friends and those involved in the search & rescue/recovery.

Perhaps there is some consolation to be had in knowing that he died doing what he loved to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see this thread until somebody sent me a link - thanks for the support everybody.

Eric's funeral is tomorrow and I expect the entire freediving population of Wellington will be there to give him a send-off.

Hopefully MrX is right. My condolences to all involved, and most of all to his family.

So sad and impacting. What we enjoy so much being so potentially dangerous. My condolences for all his friends and family. Seems that death stares us in the face each time we go diving.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT