• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

LP inflator replacement advice

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

askmelater

Aug 19, 2004
I have a ScubaPro Knighthawk BC and I like it very much except for one thing. I CAN't Press the inflator, deflaator buttons with my left hand. I have a weak grip on my left hand and cannot press the buttons on this BC. I am finding myself have to cross over with my right hand to operate the bc. I was thinking of replacing the inflator, but have no Idea what to get.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

I Wrote to Aquatec about their inflator and here was their response.
-----------------------------------------
Dear Rick,

I use the ScubaPro Knighthawk BCD too... and I have the PI-230 installed on it. I love how it operates. It has a very precise power inflator system and the built-in horn is a very nice feature to have underwater!

We setup a test with a rod pushing down on the inflator button and the horn button. It required 6 lbs of weight on top of the rod to activate both buttons. I don't know if you can get a relative feeling for how this translates into finger pressure. But I would say it takes about the same amount of finger pressure to activate the inflator and the horn as it takes to make a impression into a ripe orange by squeezing it with your fingers. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your interest in our product.

Sincerely,
James Huang
Aquatec USA
-----------------------------------
I went and tried one out at a local dive shop and I think It will fit the bill

Rick

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT