Thursday, July 18, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Made a Monofin. Wife made me throw it away.

jago25_98

Feb 20, 2009
UK, Bournemouth
Just thought I'd share this from my archives. I made this monofin from some scrap kevlar. Mostly as a test in vacuums forming. The shoes are way more comfortable than fin pockets.

I improved it a lot after this photo by removing the wood struts, bending the metal to angle and cutting down the fin itself for a higher aspect fin. It worked really well but my wife moaned at me for ages to throw it away. Well, it didn't look good after all!

1st.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP
J

jago25_98

Feb 20, 2009
UK, Bournemouth
I'm now trying to make a weight belt I can fill with sand when I get to the beach instead of lugging lead on hikes.

Now if I can just find someone to dive with in Hong Kong I'll be happy

3joern

Oct 21, 2015
Germany
:) Ohhh yeahh selfmade monofin... I also try this because I don't want pay 60€ for the Finis trainings mono, so I use cheap decathlon swimfins for 10 bucks and put them together, not a beauty but it works

QRKY1014.jpg

Reactions: zazuge and vinnie