• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

made static apnea conversion table

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

choppiewater

Dec 2, 2003
hello deeper peeps :)

after getting tired of converting my A/B tables to running times, I decided to simplify it for me by putting it in a spreasheet (.xls) and letting the app do the work for me. all I punch in now is:
ventilation time:
first breath hold duration:
increasing breath hold interval :
decreasing ventilation interval:

if i want to make my O2/A table i just leave the decreasing ventilation interval to 0 0

if i want to make my CO2/B table I just leave the increasing breath hold interval to 0 0

this spreadsheet is only for divers, not aquatic mammals; i didn't make a column for hours:D I also only made it for 7 iterations, figuring that would be more than enough.

figure i'd share this with you guys, hope it's useful pm me if there are any problems, calculation or otherwise.

:eek:

l8er,
Mark

Reactions: donmoore
Not working

I did that too for pool training,
I'll attach the original file, we can compare it

Attachments

• ent. frank.xls
    46.5 KB · Views: 225
crossing fingers

I'll attach the original file, we can compare it

this is an output of my spreadsheet

ventilation 1 30
first breath-hold duration 1 0
breath-hold interval increase factor (in sec) 0 15
decrease ventilation interval 0 0

Attachments

• apnea_conv.txt
    472 bytes · Views: 178
it worked!!!!!!

now tell me if it is useful or if there are any tweaks i can do:)
(or if it works in the spreadsheet at all).

Sorry for the excessive posts. still trying to figure out this forum format.:eek:

Attachments

• apnea_excel_4.0.xls
    6.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
translation?

Hi Frank P.

Is it possible to have the terms in your xls file translated to english? I'm not sure what the spreadsheet means. Is it a progress report? a method to determine lung capacity?

Wanting to understand, Sincerely,

Mark .k

Sorry Mark, I didn't notice that lenguage problem :confused:
The first spreadsheet "Maximos" is where I put my Measurments like height, weight, Vital Capacity and Vo2 Max for that training period, and also are my PB with the seconds or meters to work with it in a pool. That means that my PB are the 100%, and is the base for my training.
The Second spradsheet "PC Lago" is a table designed for Constant Ballast Training in a lake that is at 3100 meters of altitude, and uses a formula that I create to know the sea level equivalence.
The second spreadsheet is "Piscina", there is where I planify my pool training, some cells work with the first spreadsheet in order to calculate the distance for that training.
And the last one "General", is where I put all together in dates. there is too, the HR of Cycle training and the % of my maximal heart rate.
Hope that now will be more easy to understand.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT