• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

making freediving more known.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Grin ... even better.

I motioned for the closest waitress to bring over a menu and hold it up against the window .... after deliberating for about a minute, I ordered - what else - a Tuna Mayo sandwich. Then called her back and signed for mineral water as well. By this time EVERYONE in the coffee shop was staring ... hee hee hee ...

Had to eat the food ouside though.

freediving on tv

im going to be editing the video footage of a recent n.z open water CW record (when the tapes arrive) and have got approval from the producer of an extreme sports tv show to include the video segment (if he likes it, fingers crossed) hopefully this will raise some more interest in nz for the sport. if the segment isnt too long i could post it on the web for downloading.

just wanted to recount something that happened to me a few years ago (marks story reminded me of it) i was on a "dive with the dolphins" boat in the bay of islands nz and the viz was incredible, there was a pod of bachelor dolphins being pretty playful but keeping there distance. i swam down to 12-15 meters and just hung there for a while and out of the distance a
flashing silver streak would appear, boy what a surprise at how fast dolphins move underwater they came and swam around me really looking right into my eyes it was an incredible experience bordering on the spiritual. I would stay down as long as i could and let these dolphins circle around me then i'd swim back to the surface. The funny thing was all the other people were flapping around on the surface and the dolphins wouldnt go near them, at one point i was swimming and looked around to see everyone following me (dolphin bait one guy called me). I didn't know about freediving as a sport then so when asked about holding my breath i just shrugged. I really felt that getting down and into their environment made all the difference to how they responded to me. When my ears get better i'm looking forward to doing the dolphin dive again.

cheers

Re: freediving on tv

Originally posted by paul
im going to be editing the video footage of a recent n.z open water CW record (when the tapes arrive) and have got approval from the producer of an extreme sports tv show to include the video segment (if he likes it, fingers crossed) hopefully this will raise some more interest in nz for the sport. if the segment isnt too long i could post it on the web for downloading.

Let me know when you've got the video to post to the web, we'll host it here for you.

Uhm ....

Is that maybe a sign that more videos are on their way to the gr8est site on the web ???

Mmmmm ... me ponders.

Riaan,

Welllll - the members who've been around for a while know that i'm also striving to make this site bigger and better. We have several top secret projects in the making...but I can reveal that we are beginning to add more video to the site.

However, we will be limiting the number of videos because our server costs will skyrocket if we add large numbers of video files. People who do have video they want to include on the site should email me directly to talk about it.

I'll keep you all posted.

free tv

stephan will let you know as soon as its all done (im eagerly awaiting the tapes- still)
cheers:cool:

First post. Make freediving more popular? I worked real hard to find an obscure off the map sport and now you want to go and make it popular? May have to switch to rock hopping.

kbakery....rock-hopping, if all you want is off the map sport.......why do you freedive? I freedive because of the underwater experience is such a buzz or should I say such a peaceful experience so different.. When I am down there it is like I could be in a different planet....the world is left behind..
I wouldn't mind to have buddy next door... it would be so handy....now it is not quite that easy...

Pekka, you've got a point there. The buddy situation here is also difficult sometimes. And I'm two minutes by bike from good diving.(Kauai). May have to start a club. Stop in if you're passing by.

wish I could....

thank you for invitation kbakery! I just wish I could travel and dive more......I am about 30min from the sea, that dosen't mean that I am close to a ideal diving spot...far from that and I don't know any freedivers around this....well enough of complaining.. I'll stop in if I ever happen to pass by..zzz I wish......

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT