• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

mako's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just remember if your spearing smaller makos grandpa mako might like to pay you a visit.

Shark catch in Yarmouth Nova Scotia
(The place where Dean Randazzo won the Red Bull Ice Break contest earlier this year)
Did you all see this? This Mako was hooked in the mouth, only fought slightly for 15 minutes, came up along side of the boat to have a look, long enough for one of the crew to put a rope around its tail !!!

That's when the s**t hit the fan!!

The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS. The boat was taking on water, the Shark would jump completely out of the water at times.

This went on for an hour before the Shark actually drowned.
He weighed in at 1035 LBS

Attachments

• recordshark700.jpg
    recordshark700.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 146
  • recordshark2500.jpg
    recordshark2500.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 149
Mako's are the closest thing to Marlin where I come from and a dam site better eating as far as I'm concerned and as the continental shelf is beyond reach by all exept Ships hopefully I'll never encounter a beast such as that in my 16ft sardine tin :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT