• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Maldivian line fish..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
..ready to be barbequed..
:p

Attachments

• Maldives Pics 2 024.jpg
    Maldives Pics 2 024.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Maldives Pics 2 074.jpg
    Maldives Pics 2 074.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 174
Oh, so nice...you keep tempting us with these images, are you line fishing for visits? :)

Adrian

That's a very interesting way to clean mackerel. It seems that they cut the head off and probably pull all the entrails out with it. What do they do next? Do they grill the whole fish or cut it in steaks? I usually cut bigger king mackerel in inch-thick steaks but always looking for new recipes

Angelos

oohh lets see...
chilli fish
fish curry
curried fish (quite dry)
spicy fish soup (called Garudiya)
coconut fish (basically creamy coconut fish curry)
green curried fish
red curried fish
roasted fish (barbeque)

heheheehe not much variation but very tasty... they also make lots of small snacks called "short eats" - which is pastry or dough filled with tuna and coconut/chilli or both, and deep fried, in different forms.

my favourite is the Mas 'Huni, which is tuna smoked and flaked, mixed with green chilli, grated coconut and freshly squeezed lime juice. served with roshi (thin pancakes). roll up the tuna mix in the pancakes and enjoy..

We eat loads of dogtooth tuna (see photo) and yellowfin. the mackerel is also good and we get great trevally as well. Dolphinfish is also very tasty and a b1_ch to catch.
Maldivians generally wrap fishing line around plastic bottles and attach hook and a weight. very successful and not as expensive as rods.

Hamba! (cheers in Dhivehi, Maldivian language)

Is it just me or are those little wahoo? Love the shot of that little idilic beach. Wouldn't mind nailing a hammock between to of those palms and call it home.

Cheers,

Gerald

Deepdown said:
Love the shot of that little idilic beach. Wouldn't mind nailing a hammock between to of those palms and call it home.
I was thinking of something more exotic than a hammock. ;)

[I was thinking of something more exotic than a hammock.]

mmmm hahahahahaha... topless is not allowed here ;)

I can put together a little thatched hut quite quickly. :inlove No need to upset local sensibilities, after all. :naughty

rolf...

something like this can you do?

Attachments

• Villa Pictures 014.jpg
    Villa Pictures 014.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Villa Pictures 006.jpg
    Villa Pictures 006.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 162
damn!!!

Sara its such a pitty that spearfishing is not allowed in the Maldives. well, actually its a good thing but im sure you all get my drift

island_sands said:
rolf...

Buwahahahahahhahah! Actually, I could but it would take rather a while. What I had in mind was more on the order of a small thatched pup tent, just big enough to sleep in . . . or something!

Sarge,
In such a small hut there wouldn't be enough room for a wild boar and your rifle at the same time!

Adrian

island_sands said:
rolf...

Oldsarge you bring the beer, I bring my tool belt, we'll have it up in a couple days. :)

Last edited:
sounds like a plan :D

of course, as I still can't walk, A couple bikini clad wheelchair pushers/crutch bearers would be most welcome, oh! and a third to hold the beer :girlie

Last edited:
couple bikini clad wheelchair pushers/crutch bearers would be most welcome, oh! and a third to hold the beer

hmmm... ok, gotta be something we can do about that...! gimme a couple of hours ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT