• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Malta: Looking for buddies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

HydroApprentice

Mar 17, 2014
Hi folks,

I just moved to Malta, and I was wondering who's around there and interested in going freediving?
I'd love to meet up with people who enjoy being in the water, and who would like to go diving on a more regular basis [emoji3] (recreational, CWT or even DYN)

I'd be really happy to get to know the place, and most of all, have a good time in the water. So I'd be grateful for any helpful information and contacts!

Thanks and cheers!

Hi there,

I moved to Malta a couple of months ago. I've been looking for a buddy to go diving with... I've gone out snorkelling in a few places but no real diving yet. I don't like to go deeper with out a buddy...

I'm really looking for someone to go out for some fun diving with... I don't mind practicing technique and pushing the limits a bit every now and then. But mostly i go diving just for fun.

I'm pretty busy for the next week or so, and don't really have a constant schedule... Often working on weekends etc. but I'll pm you my contact details. I'm sure we can work something out.

All the best,

Tomi

Reactions: HydroApprentice
Alriiiight, this is great news! I'm also looking more on the recreational side of things, like checking out some of the wrecks around here [emoji4] I'll come back to your PM as soon as I can [emoji2]

Woohoooo, that's great news! I'll be around here until September/October :) We should set something up to go diving soon, the weather is getting awesome [emoji1] Do you also spearfish?

Yes for sure. I went yesterday. have a 3.5 m suit but got a little cold after 45 mins haha!... As for spearfishing I do not but the people i go diving with do and i must say im getting a little tempted... where do you live?

St Pauls, I started spearfishing because exactly the same reason. I'm not a big fan, but it's a good motivator to spend some extra time in the water [emoji16] Whereabouts do you live?

I live in San Gwann. Its very close to sliema, about 5 mins away by car. But we can meet anywhere as i have a car. maybe we should try go for a dive next week? what days will you usually be free?

Cool, I'm sure we can arrange something. I work full time during the week, so it's usually the weekends for me. This weekend might not be possible for me, but I'm not sure yet. When's a good time for you in general?

Heu.. im pretty for for now until the next couple months. So when youre available ont he weekend let me know and we can organise something :)

Cool, definitely. I'm planning to get a proper buoy for some line diving soon, more and more people here are getting interested [emoji16]

Good times ahead! [emoji482]

Maybe we can set up some diving this Sunday? I'll pm you my contact, and I'll let you know about how everything goes [emoji4]

Not sure if I will be able to this Sunday as of yet..will have to confirm a little later during the week.. Send me your details over inbox anyway and we can continue this over facebook if you have? I think it will be easier :)

Not sure if I will be able to this Sunday as of yet..will have to confirm a little later during the week.. Send me your details over inbox anyway and we can continue this over facebook if you have? I think it will be easier :)

Hey all, me and a friend will stay 11.05-21.05 in victoria, gozo. This will be our first trip to malta. I think there are a lot of nice spots, like the P31, Blue Hole or Cathredal Cave, but we would also come to malta. I am already in contact with HydroAprrentice.
We would also like to do some deeper diving (~40m), but unfortunately we have no buoy.

Would be cool if we could set something up together! Do you already know when you'll come over to Malta?

Hey all, we have no plans to go to malta yet. I think we will focus primarily to dive sites on gozo. But as said we would also come over to malta. Propably diving every day. I think you should just suggest a date.

Hey guys. We will be on gozo for most of July. Diving most days. Just recreational level stuff. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up. Always good to meet new divers.

Thanks mate, that's a great offer. We could combine that with a beach-side BBQ Might as well be that I'll come over to Gozo for the weekend with my camping gear. But it's a bit hard at the moment to plan in advance, so let's check the options when you come over!

Reactions: irishlostboy
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT