• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Malta

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
Hello,

At last I got to do some diving this year, not too much with speargun, but some freediving in Malta.
I would highly recommend Malta for people enjoying recreational freediving. Beautiful clear water, about 15m viz.

I did two dives at Cirkewwa point. (north west corner of Malta) this place has some great drop-offs to dive although only from -4m to -18m so not too much depth there, but beautiful place.
Little further offshore there is Tug boat Rozi, nice compact wreck easy to find, because of all the divers.. (constant traffic to the wreck from shore) fun to surprise divers at the wreck, which lies at -30 ish meters at the bottom.

The other place was Blue Grotto, at the south of the island. Nice dive to the wreck.. Um El Faroud, at -36meters. the dive is incredible. I found it very moving to see this giant at the bottom of the sea without any sound from aqualung. very beautiful dive.
here is a site for those who want to see what the boat looks like.
Pictures
I had no time to dive at Gozo, but this coming summer I might just have the money to go for some more diving in Malta.

I would also like to thank Maltaspearo for all the help dinner, diving and all. I hope to see you again some day, perhaps for some more spearfishing. :) take care! :p

Overall diving in Malta around Easter time is good, 5mm suit should do. water temp +14C. Busses take you almost everywhere quite cheaply.

Safe diving to you all!

Pekka

P.S. if you are interested I do have complete story wirtten about my dive to the Farou, pm me and I'll send it to you..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT