• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mambrasar guesthouse Raja Ampat, Indonesia review?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

clown

Jul 26, 2013
Hi guys...

I've heard so many times from colleagues Raja Ampat have been the most riches marine biodiversity on earth, the last frontier, world class snorkeling, etc. Okay..that's enough. I decided to find out what's the buzz all about.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some clues? I've found this website Mambrasar Guesthouse; http://mambrasarguesthouse.com/

They have a package of accommodation and snorkeling trips, the room setup looks really nice and cool, and bathroom facility also clean. I planned to book in a few days. I'm just wondering if anyone been here before? I plan to visit next month. Thanks guys!

Hi Stay,

I've actually looked at your website. Lots of useful information! I think I'm gonna give it a try. This one, Mambrasar Guesthouse look promising and am thinking to go for it. I love the idea of fair trade to the local communities in tourism business especially when the business is professionally managed. I just need a place to chill, snorkeling and doing some conservative deep dives for one or two weeks.

Reactions: Stay Raja Ampat
Hi Stay,

I've actually looked at your website. Lots of useful information! I think I'm gonna give it a try. This one, Mambrasar Guesthouse look promising and am thinking to go for it. I love the idea of fair trade to the local communities in tourism business especially when the business is professionally managed. I just need a place to chill, snorkeling and doing some conservative deep dives for one or two weeks.

Cheers clown -

Mambrasar contacted us last week about going up on the SRA site too. We'll have them up soon. Maybe when you return you can help them out by posting a review on their page. All the best for your visit!

How was your trip, Clown?
I am interested in your summary off the area as well as comparing live-aboards to night stays at locally owned places.
Pics, too please!
Thank you!:)

How was your trip, Clown?
I am interested in your summary off the area as well as comparing live-aboards to night stays at locally owned places.
Pics, too please!
Thank you!:)

Hi SeaRow, sorry if my reply came a little bit late. I think with liveaboard I don't get a full experience with native Raja Ampat way of live. I often missed the interaction with the locals when I'm in LOB. Mambrasar is not 5 stars hotel but they work very hard to provide the best experience. Herman and his brother Hajja will do anything they can to make your stay worth it. I remember I had one day off with no activity just sit on the beach look bored. Herman with broken English came and offer to take us a boat ride with small wooden boat (not too sure what its call) to Mansuar and show me around. when I want to pay, he simply said no...its free of charge because I extend stay for over a week and he didn't want me to feel bored. He then also help to manage diving eventhough they don't have compressor. I said I want to know if I can do a dive or two and the next day the tanks and equipment are ready..not too sure where its coming from but the diving is excellent.

I'm writing from my phone. Don't have photos but if you click on their google+, the photos there really represent the place. There also some handwriting review from their guests posted, you can find them here; https://plus.google.com/109720733619378824851/?hl=en

Overall, I really glad I went there and will retun when I have enough money. They are not 5 stars hotel but all the effort to made our stay worthwhile deserve 5 stars. If you look for something different, local, not touristy, you have come to the right place.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT