• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Manjana video on-line

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Scuby

Sep 24, 2003
Not sure how many have seen this already but there's a great half hour(!) Czech free diving vid on line with Pink Floyd soundtrack - marvelous stuff!! We only get to free dive twice a year on hols to Cyprus and this really got me wanting a holiday :D

Broadband only - this is a 200mb download but it's 35 minutes of hypnotic relaxation ;) (cave and night diving looks a bit freaky tho!)

http://193.86.92.18/vzs/Video.htm

Enjoy

Reactions: DeepThought
Nice Video!
Thanks for the Link. Are there any more videos like this one?

Rico

Thanks for great links Scuby and Chris.

Chris, your web site is awesome, one of the best I have ever seen. Question, did you really do the 90 meters dynamic under the ice with dolphin kicking bi-fins and with your arms by your side or was that just for the camera?
don

Last edited:
the video was done during one week of training, thats the reason for the mixed technique ...
at the attempt i use the dolphin kicking with be-fins and the arms by the side ...
only for filming is was swimming "normal" :)
in a few days i hope that a new video is shown on the website, where is was freediving with dolphins in honduras ;-)

hi guys,

I 've seen this video two years ago and it is really nice and shows the essence of freediving. Our team, the Slovakia Freedive Team has very nice 37min video too, it is from our stay in Dahab in Jan/Feb 2004. It is available on DVD, but I think we should place it on www too. Will let you know soon about this. Some short clips can be seen on www.freediving.sk section Gallery - video galeria, recently added shots of 3sambas on Nat. Championship of Czech Republic held on 26.6.2004, good as learning material :)

Chris,
Your technique is very interesting. A 90-meter dynamic in any conditions is pretty good. Add the cold, thick wet suit, etc., of doing it under ice and it makes a respectable record.

How do you feel your technique of using bi-fins and dolphin kicking with arms by sides helps you? Classic thought would seem to say that having the arms overhead reduces the frontal area and drag significantly, and the arms also provide more surface to oppose the direction and force of the fin making the dolphin kick more efficient. And of course most people would us a mono fin if they were going to dolphin kick. You seem to be doing everything wrong according, to the norm, but still having good results!

In some of the pictures on your site showing your depth dives, I see you used a classic arm over head, stereo kick technique. Is this dolphin kicking with arms by the sides technique something you have recently developed? Do you plan to use it in deep dives as well?
Thanks,
don

hi don,
since this year i dive with mono (now only dynamic) ... when i dive deep, i use stereo ...
i can´t put my arms over my head :) that was the reason for that ... and it was really cold under the ice, and the suit was a 7mm, i was training in a pool without a wetsuit and i trained with the normal finkicking (stereo). but with the thick wet suit, it was easier with the dolphinkick ...
if you have your arms over the head, its always better, but its important, that every muscule is relaxed :)

another film

i've seen manjana on freediving course held by Dan Exner. Both great course and this video really got me into diving. The great news is that there will be another film, location Egypt we have to wait.
take care

Thank you VERY much, awsome video, and the Pink-Floyd music really matches the UW pace, and peace.

Thank you so much, I go now sleeping, and have some really nice blue dreams!

Love,peace and water!
Kars.

im looking for the manjana video again....i lost my copy....but the link in this thread is just timing out,..can anyone help ?

Herman said:
im looking for the manjana video again....i lost my copy....but the link in this thread is just timing out,..can anyone help ?

I am intresting in seeing it too if someone can rehost it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT