• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

March 31/April 1 meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
OK so we have -

Saturday
Liv
Dave Harries
Andrew C
Simon Jedi

Sunday
Simon Jedi
Mandy
Andrew C
Dave Harries
Marcus

If any of you can no longer make that, let me know as it might mean a change in plan (particularly if you are pulling out of Saturday)

You will need to keep it shallow, 40m max, as the pontoon is not fixed properly on its moorings yet.

Liv - please bring your shed key - leave it open over night and Simon, please make sure its locked up when you leave on Sunday

thanks loads and have fun
S

Last edited:
Ooh Sam, is it too late for me on Saturday? Assuming a couple of things like:
1) someone will give me a lift (will check with Livvy), and
2) Pen will let me.

I need to test the new fin!

Cheerio,
Ben

that would be great Ben - we could do with someone else on Saturday! Liv gets back from Egypt on Thursday I think - maybe give her a call on Friday and check

I already mailed Sam this, but I've got to pull out of Saturday - will still be there on Sunday, and if Ben can make Saturday then I feel a lot better as then there are still more reasonable numbers. See you all on sunday.

Ben, Dave, Andrew I'm really sorry about this but my head is all gunked up and I'm not good to dive 2mrw. I was waiting to see if it'd be ok today - but going to have to cancel. Also my car making weid noises.
Spoken to Ben and think he's gonna leave it this time as it would leave just 3 of you without me, and the conditions are still quite chilly, so I'm afraid that means having to cancel Saturday.:confused:
Hope you all have a good day diving on sunday - appologies again.

Liv

Brrr, cough.

A pleasure to meet you all and thanks for all the advice. Hope to dive with you again when my feet and nose are warmer!

....just about defrosted my feet now...

It was pretty chilly in the water, even though the sun was out

Big thanks to Simon, for organising us, had a great day, even if i felt a bit rusty and out of practice,

Thanks to dave for the tips... been practicing some empty lung equalisations in the pool... it felt very weird !!

see you guys soon
x

I can't take too much credit for "organising" the day - I just got the key from the office, and then said "well, shall we get changed then..?"

I think I must win the competition for "how many times do I need to tie and re-tie the weights onto the downline before I have it all threaded correctly through the beam!"

Shame about the wind, it was a tad chilly, but I had a fun, relaxed day and although didn't beat any of my PBs or push myself very hard, I felt nice and comfortable in the water.

glad you guys had fun, see you soon! and thanks for getting on with it!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT