• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Californian

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

poildeq

Cuba Si
Mar 10, 2011
Hello

I am from Canada and travel to Cuba every 2 months to spearfish.
I bought from a Garage sale a Mares Californian that seems like all the O-rings are gone, I have ordered from Scuba's World the replacement parts, I plan to repair it. However having read about the various mod to improve the accelaration of the shaft with the Tomba the Tovarich and the Kora-yo I would like to buy 1 of these kits anyone actually and try it on the Californian. Can anyone on the forum suggest a North American or European distributor for any of these kits where I can purchase it or if there is anyone on the Forum who manufactures them, I would also buy it from them.

Thanks.

Forum member Tromic (DeeperBlue Forums - View Profile: tromic) is the inventor of the Tomba. I don't know if he has developed a commercial initiative for distribution. But you may contact him through the forum. Just click on the link above to his Deeperblue user's page.

Hello

I am from Canada and travel to Cuba every 2 months to spearfish.
I bought from a Garage sale a Mares Californian that seems like all the O-rings are gone, I have ordered from Scuba's World the replacement parts, I plan to repair it. However having read about the various mod to improve the accelaration of the shaft with the Tomba the Tovarich and the Kora-yo I would like to buy 1 of these kits anyone actually and try it on the Californian. Can anyone on the forum suggest a North American or European distributor for any of these kits where I can purchase it or if there is anyone on the Forum who manufactures them, I would also buy it from them.

Thanks.

How do you want to use that gun? With 8 mm or 7 mm shaft? "Free shaft" or normal shaft (with line slider)? I suggest 7 mm, normal shaft.
With "normal shaft" you could use Tomba12, Kara-yo, STC X-power.
With "free shaft" you could use TombaF7, Tovarich, Evo-Air, STC X-power. [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]Tomba: marko.romich@gmail.com
Tovarich: karayokit@yahoo.es
STC: STC Italia - Spearfishing Tech Components - Componenti speciali per la pesca in apnea - Pesca sub Lucca[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Tromic,
I have been reading your posts and they are full of very good informations, very kind of you to respond so quickly, if u ever plan to travel to cuba let me know I'll b glad to take u spearfishing with my Cuban mates.
Thanks

Tromic,
I have been reading your posts and they are full of very good informations, very kind of you to respond so quickly, if u ever plan to travel to cuba let me know I'll b glad to take u spearfishing with my Cuban mates.
Thanks
Thanks for your offer! I wish you repair your old Mares gun successfully.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT