• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Cyrano 1.1 HFT

Ryan2020

Jun 6, 2024
Dear Spearos,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a trusted only shop to purchase Mares Cyrano 1.1 HFT (90cm - 100cm).
Most of the places I searched is out of stock.
Appreciate the feedback. Thanks

You may be best to find one on the Internet and import it, dive shops don't often stock many spearguns and some do not carry any guns at all. I bought very few guns from dive shops once on-line sales became a thing.

You may be best to find one on the Internet and import it, dive shops don't often stock many spearguns and some do not carry any guns at all. I bought very few guns from dive shops once on-line sales became a thing.
Hi Pete,

Could you recommend any online shop ?
I've searched and reached out to quite a number of them but seems like sold out.

I bought a Cyrano gun from Divestock in Estonia and I would have recommended them, but just checking they seem to have turned turtle as there is no sign of them. Shipping and handling was just over 60 bucks, so that was very reasonable. Guns can be ordered from the USA, but if you live outside the USA then the shipping is prohibitive, like around 200 bucks, but a lot depends on the size of the gun. How local distributors get their shipping costs down is they buy in bulk, something that an individual cannot do. Dive Inn used to be good, I bought a number of guns from them, but now they restrict what they sell to certain countries as the local distributors complained about being undercut. That resulted in sorry we don't ship to your country pop ups on their adverts.

Dear Spearos,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a trusted only shop to purchase Mares Cyrano 1.1 HFT (90cm - 100cm).
Most of the places I searched is out of stock.
Appreciate the feedback. Thanks
They don't manufacture these guns anymore. Pity because my 1.3 110cm is really great once I put a vacuum muzzle and 7mm spear on it. I'd recommend the new Cressi Mach 88. Just been using one with a salvimar vacuum nozzle and 7mm spear and it's fantastic.

They don't manufacture these guns anymore. Pity because my 1.3 110cm is really great once I put a vacuum muzzle and 7mm spear on it. I'd recommend the new Cressi Mach 88. Just been using one with a salvimar vacuum nozzle and 7mm spear and it's fantastic.
Thanks Bob, for the info !

Thanks Bob, for the info !
Just a heads up. The vacuum nozzle (13mm) by salvimar only fits this gun if you modify the piston brake by shortening it slightly. I will post up a thread soon showing what I did. I didn't even try using the Mach with it's original muzzle and spear (it may be fine as is), I prefer vacuum muzzles and lighter longer spears. Very nicely balanced gun for the price though.

Reactions: Ryan2020
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT