• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Nemo???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JumpBlue

Apr 21, 2005
Hi all. I`m new here. I`m planning to buy Scuba computer "Mares Nemo", but first I wanted to ask if someone has some experiance with Nemo.
So Scuba divers if you`re diving with him please share you experience.
I don`t know is it worth to buy it!

Thank you all.Alex

any freedivers have an opinion on it while we are asking? looks a lot cooler than my Stinger!!

Sam

Hi,

Yes I have experience with Nemo....besides the looks it is also a great computer. Double alarms on both divetime and depth (loud enough with 5mm suit). Easy to use, sadly the interface not on USB available (when I bought the computer). Interval rate 2s is ok for most of us, 1s would be better for analysing the data on pc.

Also tested on scuba, no problems there either, only compliments on the Nemo...sofar 6 months of pleasure forgetting the trouble I had with the Suunto. :waterwork (see other threads on Deeperblue)

greetings Pim

MMM Nemo from Mares... looks quite girly, but also the main bad point is that you can't get the surface interval.
So if you are planning to work with this computer, is a pain in the *ss to when you should go back to the water with your divers and/or students.

for the price you pay the mosquito is a better option.... and cheaper...

How do you mean no surface time, this is c/p from Mares web page??

Surface functions

-Surface time
-Log book for storing 50 dives in memory
-Profiles of the last 50 dives, at 20-second intervals (max. 38 hours)
-Desaturation time display (desat)
-Time-to-fly display (no fly)
-Calendar and clock function
-Air temperature
-Self-diagnosis
-Scrolling of no-stop times for planning repetitive dives

Surface interval. Time between 1st dive and second dive.
you can calculate your next dive profile... but when people ask you... how long have we been out of the wate.r..
you have to check your exit time and then your actual time to calculate the time you have been out...

When we saw the Nemo back in Nov in Thailand, between OWSI and DM we coudn't figure out why Mares missed something like this... many of the people that bought the Nemo, sold it and bought a Stinger... (more expensive / but it looks LESS STAR TREK....)

Cheers

very good one.I really like it and use it . nitrox and air , no trimix (if you aim to )

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT