• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mares Smart Apnea - display setting question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kodama

Jun 20, 2016
I have been using this dive watch recently. It seems okay so far.
However one things annoys me tremendously. On the surface the screen switches between showing ascend speed, descent speed and dive time.

When spearfishing and breathing up on the surface i want it to only show the last divetime continuously. Without showing the ascend and descent speed, which I have totally no use for.
How can i do that? I found no mention of this possibility in the manual.
Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: DiveHacker
That is interesting! My buddies doesn’t do that either. His just shows the dive time without constantly switching. It may have to do with different software versions but the sad truth is that you have to buy a separate cable to connect the watch to your computer to gain access to firmware upgrades.

Anyway i would love to learn how to change it if possible. Maybe i should wie to mares directly and ask them the question.

All I can say is I do not get it either. I have been wanting to get my first computer, and the main thing I wanna see when I come up are max depth (just curious) and dive time (actually the most useful piece of info to me). WTH are they not showing that?

Instead, temp is fixed. I could care less about water temp. It stays the same year round here anyway, with no thermocline haha. But that is the info that is fixed on the screen? For what?

The whole auto toggling thing is maddening too. I have seen 800 dollar watches do stuff that would drive me crazy.... look over at my watch when down there and it is toggled ober to some useless piece of info.

Anyway, if any of you dive computer programers are listening.... It has been enough to stop me from purchasing though.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT