• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Martin wins constant competition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alun

Oct 5, 2001
i take my hat off to anyone who can do 93!
i'm sure Herbert would have done the depth cleanly also had he managed to equalise all the way. i think the damaged ear drum and associated stress could easily have accounted for his minor lomc/samba at the surface.
i find it amazing that 23C is considered 'cold' by some people... it's all relative i suppose!

....when i wrote this earlier, the initial report said he had 'hypoxic manifestations' and 'loss of motor control'.... it seems that he actually BOd after surfacing - from Stephan's latest report.

Last edited:
decent carbons fins? surely not the little plastic fins he apparently used in Hawaii? i heard that he damaged his ankle and that's why he couldn't use a monofin last year. i wonder if that's still the case or maybe he just prefers bi-fins now?
Stephan.... the most important question of all!!.... how did Emma do!!!??

Emma hit her target of 34m and came up clean. She was delighted and we've got a great picture of her and Martin standing side-by-side with their tags!

thanks Stephan,
Emma just texted me this second. she told me she did 32. i knew she could do 35+ comfortably after seeing what she could do in 9C here in the UK, so i'm not at all surprised by the result.
cheers
alun

Martin wins constant competition, I thought he would do it... Well I guess I'll play lotto this week..:)
Congratulations!!!!
I am humble before these numbers.. and wish good luck to anyone trying to go deeper!
;)

hi

Martin deserves lots of respect for 93 GOD DAMN metres yep metres not feet in a comp wow.

Seb Murat if your out there I reckon its time you give these fellas a bit of a hurry up whatcha reckon :D :cool:

cheers

first official 300ft constant weight dive

just realised that now.... another big milestone passed (officially anyway)
... 305ft if my calculations are correct.

hi

Alun to your orginal post about 23C being warm, man you were born in an igloo if you think that is warm :duh :duh , at the moment its 26C and all the crew on our boat are wearing two suits as in 8mm of rubber :D :D

cheers

23c is hot! I would dive without my suit in that.
Today it was 16c and I was almost too hot, in my 5mm
:D

Anyways 93m is incredible and using bi-fins, it seems everyone is using mono's these days. Well not after this I guess.

Here in the north of spain the water is 15C almost all the summer and I think it´s a little cold on a 7 mm suit... :D

gloves?!

from the photos, i was amazed to see people wearing gloves out there?! including Martin. It looked to me like he was wearing a 5mil(+?) suit, which also surprised me.
maybe warm-water divers would benefit from doing some diving in cooler water - could be considered a form of resistance training in a sense.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Fantastic depth !!! Congratulation !!! Super.

& addition in Czech ... Martine, doufam, ze si to pekne uzijes .... uz litaji spunty od sampanskeho? ))):p:p

First of all, congratulations to both Herbert & Martin for making daring & brave attempts. Big congrats to Martin for FINALLY making the constant weight record which he sought after for SO LONG!!

Laminar and I, having written the freedive show preview articles, were making some bets between us after we heard about the two 93m announcements. I bet on the following outcome:
1. Herbert breaks ear drum and gets surface DQ, or turns at 80-85m due to equalizing problems
2. Martin makes it!

I'm sure Herbert has the air to make the dive, once he gets his equalizing down.

Congratulations again!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Awesome dive, cheers to Martin.

Best wishes to Herbert it would be a shame if he was too injured to perform well in static.

As for water temperature, it's a balmy 8C in the mountains here... most of us are wearing 5mil suits and diving at 4,500 ft above sea level.

Should be an ideal training platform for any warm water divers to acclimatize! :D

Incredible!!

A 93 m dive in competition...is just amazing.
I'll like to congratulate both (Herbert and Martin) to inscribe that depht.
Congratulations to Martin for his new WR.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT