• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mask Decision

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Crumudgeonator

Apr 13, 2005
I am looking for a mask with low volume but even better visability. I will only be diving to around 15 meters (just recriational diving), so volume is an issue. However, I much perfer visability. Another point to consider is that I have a thin face and leakage accurse.

I have read past posts to which many have suggested the Aqualung - SPHERA or, alternatly the CRESSI - SUPEROCCHIO (the MINIMA sounds too restricted in vision).

I ask: what about the CRESSI - LINCE 2 which CRESSI admits as having less volume and better visability than the SUPEROCCHIO. Secondly, what is the differance between the LANCE 2, MATRIX, BIG-EYES, ect. and thirdly, are there any other good masks(PICASSO, MARES) that have been overlooked?

Hi Crumudgeonator:

I suggest you to look in a diving-shop and to test some mask. Then choose the most comfortable, with good angle of vision and with black silicon (no reflected light).
If you aren't going deeper than 15m you don't need an Sphera, Minima or Superocchio.

:) Greetings,
Edu

I have both the Super Occhio and the Minima. The super Occhio has a good field of vision and is the mask that I would recommend. The Minima very limited field of vision and I have also experienced mask leaks and flooding at depth. I have read similar posts about the Minima leaking.

I'm using the Aqualung Sphera. It's a lightweight and comfortable mask that fits perfectly my thin face. The curved plastics offer a great angle of view and a good CX in water, but they are easely scratched (you've got to take care), quickly covered by mist (saliva needed), and vision is distorded on sides.
I like it because the volume is small, you are aware of what happen around you within a great angle, but don't use it if you need a sharp view (glass better then plastics in this case) or if you really need to concentrate on visual informations for a long period, I think the deformed view could then become source of headache.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT