• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Mask options

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

josburn1138

Jan 7, 2020
Hello and first thank you for taking the time to help me with my problem. I am trying to prepare for freediving and have hit a snag. I was originally looking into a full face mask but have since found that they are not good for freediving due to several issues including co2 buildup, being high volume, and leaking when under pressure at certain depths to name a few. My problem is that my teeth are not so good for a traditional snorkel. A low volume full face mask seems very doable but I haven't found any company that has tried it. I have seen some suggestions that include not using a snorkel for freediving but that takes some of the surface fun out. Any advice or products you recommend would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your help.

I know regulators for diving come with a ton of different mouth piece options that may improve comfort. You could always visit a dive shop and see what they have or surf the net for special mouthpieces for that purpose. Not sure how easy it would be but you could always try and modify a snorkel to accept scuba mouth pieces as they will have a similar shape and secure with a zip tie or other band.

full face doesnt work if you have to equalize right? and i doubt full face will ever be close to low volume. simply not the right tool for us. something like a custom moldable mouthpiece might work for you?

here's an option

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT