• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

mask

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

_memento

Jun 9, 2003
what is a good low volume mask for up to 25-27$ that is good for murky to clear water???

The Cressi Minima is hard to beat (if you replace the strap with something beefier). The only drawback is that the vertical field of view is poor.

I went for Aqualung Sphera Silicona. Good panoramic view and comfortable to wear but `glasses`are made of plastic and get easily scratched...

Greets joe

for deeper diving, aqualung sphera is unequaled because the plastic glass bends around the face, and therefore you dont need to equalize the mask as much, saving you precious air.

this mask, however, does seem to cause some optical distortions for some ppl. in that case, you can go for the model with glass instead of plastic, falco, but then you lose the ability of the bending plastic.

Both of these masks have low volume and great field of view. I have used the minima and the sphera, and I prefer the sphera. The minima restricts your field of view too much in my opinion.

Erik

how about something that doesn;t cover the nose...that would let me do some easy eardrum equalizing, right?

A mask without a nose piece, also called goggles, won't let you equalise the mask itself. And eyeball squeeze from an unequalised mask will distort your eyeballs... Not too mention the pain involved.

The less money you spend on your gear now, the more you will spend later, getting decent gear. Buy the best you can and you'll be much happier for longer.

hmm...i got it about the no-nose mask. as for the money...i;m spending about 300$ in a country where most people make roughly 100$/month

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT