• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Matrix Fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
You've got my attention.

Fiberplastic blades that come mounted to sporasub pockets; and have the proper angle of attack. This is exactly what I (and many others) have been looking for (since waterway blades don't yet come assembled to full-foot pockets, and thus require a bit of drilling). I'd love to hear more about these if anyone has any info. Nice find Austin. Emails will be flying to the company as soon as I finish this post.

Ted

Ted,

Where did see that it has the correct angle? I am trying to find more information from a local diver who has recommended them.

I will let everyone know more information when I get it. They also sell the fins at Hanapaa.

I love mine...

Picked mine up from Dennis Haussler of 20fathoms.

I got a #2 blade & really gotta get used to them - I feel like I can overpower them too easily & have to cut my stroke short sometimes...

I usually use a Picasso Black Team fin, so perhaps the #3 stiffness would have been just right.

I fully endorse these guys - they're really cool to talk to & more than happy to get you set up right.

Fuzz,
Can you compare its stiffness against Cressi Gara series?
Or any other non fiber longbalde fin?

The Matrix blades I have seen DO NOT have angled inserts. :( I don't believe waterway does either. Normally, the angle for the waterway blades were made by wearing their original footpocket which put the heel below the fin plane. :hmm

I hear these fins (both matrix and waterway) are great, but most people are waiting for the angle to be implemented.

Anyone find out if OMER's Batfins have the angles or not?

Anderson

So they don't have that angle, eh :hmm ? The photos on the website deceive me :eek: .

Are the blades just forced into the sporasub pockets, causing the footpocket to straiten? Does this create any pressure on the bottom of your foot? The #2's are what I was looking at as well. I like my dessaults for spearfishing because they have quick response. But when I go deep, my legs are burning by the time I get back. I've used Sporasub Pure's and liked how smooth and soft they were. I'm trying to replicate the experience with a pair of fiberplastic blades. I won't buy the pures because they would be shattered in a week.

Ted

Sorry guys, can't remember about the angle - I believe it's straight, but with a very slight angle due to the foot-pocket design. :confused:

I remember Peter saying something about the manner in which the fiberglass blades are built is not conducive to manufacturing an angle.

In any case, if any of you would like an up-close picture of any angle, please describe & I will post when I get home this evening.

Originally posted by unirdna
The #2's are what I was looking at as well. I like my dessaults for spearfishing because they have quick response. But when I go deep, my legs are burning by the time I get back. I've used Sporasub Pure's and liked how smooth and soft they were. I'm trying to replicate the experience with a pair of fiberplastic blades. I won't buy the pures because they would be shattered in a week.

For easy kicking, they're great ;) As long as you don't need bursts of speed, they're smooth... :hmm

Yep, that's what I want....some rugged "up and down" fins. I've smacked my dessaults very hard on the wrecks in Lake Michigan; I know that if I did that with carbons they'd be history. Fuzz, if you could post a few photos from different angles, I'd appreciate it. The website doesn't show the side angle that I really want to see. This shot makes it look like the blades have at least some tilt to em. They probably wind up with a similar angle as the Cressi Gara line. Garas don't have quite the angle that the sporasubs do. With your positive testimony, I'll probably just go ahead and order a pair of these (I can handle 200 bones). It would cost about the same to order a pair of blades from Waterway, and a set of pockets from the db store. And this way, I won't have to rack my nerves drilling any holes in the blades.

Ted

Last edited:
Is it possible to make test between OMER BAT Vs MAtrix in deeper blue equipment section? It already doesn't updated ofen so this may gives it new blood.;)

Jyri,

Looks like the fins can come in different colors. How do you choose what color?

Also are the Stereofin Pro mounted on Omer foot pockets?

Thanks,

Austin

sterofins

Hi again,

about different blade colours/prices:

comouflage light 175EUR
comouflage dark 175EUR
hand painted 195EUR
carbon 350EUR
transparent 175EUR
blue 175EUR
+
fiberglass
+
carbon/kevlar hybrid 375EUR

All our blades mounted to Omer foot pockets

If you would like to get more information, you are welcome:

jyri@sebakfins.net
www.specialfins.com

Jyri

Does anyone have any info on the M-Technics? Is there any way to order these online? Any info is greatly appreciated. Also are there any reviews on the Sebak Stereo Pros?

Mattedhead,

I will be getting the Sebak Stereo Pro blades and a Carbon/Kevlar Hybrid to try in a few weeks. I will post my review once I get them.

What is the difference between Stereo Calssic and Strereo Pro?
Aren't they both fiber glass? Then why there is huge price difference?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT