• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Med cup 2011

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pim

freediving maniac
Mar 3, 2002
Hi freedivers and interested;

The Med-cup has started, day 1 resulted in 5 National Records and day 2 gave us 9 National Records. The performances are spectacular and atmosphere under athletes and organization is great. For day 3 the athletes announced an astonishing 19 National Records. It seems the athletes are warming up for the World Championships starting on Saturday here in Kalamata.

As slowly we (the team) is steaming up we try to post results as soon as they come back from sea.....

Here the deepest performances of both male and female of day 2; [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfP-cSDvsvg]Med cup day 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Keep tracking us.....and if more info is needed as of now I will be online to fix the exposure of both events more frequently.

Grtzzzzzzzz Pim
´proud member of team Kalamata´ :D

Thanks pim - much appreciated for those of us unable to attend!

here the results of day 3.....

will post a short video asap....

grtzzzzzzzz from hotel lobby where all but 1 freedivers are asleep zzzzzzzzzzzz
Pim

ps, as for the worlds we have a bigger crew and we try to get the prelimanairy results up asap after the performances....

Attachments

• Med-cup2011 Kalamata day-3.pdf
    206.1 KB · Views: 320
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JJQd1e1Wtg]Med Cup 3rd Day - YouTube[/ame]

the clip of today......we will be making more videos from now on as now the BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG competition is starting!

day 1 of unofficial training means 99 athletes going out to train and this with 40 athletes taking a deserved rest!!!!! :wave

Thanks for the results. An incredible number of athletes are turning early on their dives -- why? Are the conditions during the competition worse than in training?

I wondered about that too. Earthquakes, boats sinking and almost everyone turning early...

Here the overall results for the Med-cup. Good to see new names up there!!!!!

Grtzzzzzzzz Pim

Attachments

• Med-cup2011 Kalamata overal results female.pdf
    277.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Med-cup2011 Kalamata overal results male.pdf
    330.2 KB · Views: 328
Incredible, only one diver managed a CWT dive over 100m, Carlos with 108m (yellow card). No white cards in constant weight over 100m.

Worlds will be interesting....

From the results:

4 of 29 women had a perfect run (three dives, three white cards)
5 of 53 men had a perfect run (three dives, three white cards)

So in total 9/82 (10.9%) of divers made it through without penalties or turning early.

on the other hand, we had many NRs and some phenomenal performances... like Michal Rislan's 84m CNF - a new european record!

Hm.... I also heard about a very young diver who had a competition PB of 60 meters CW prior to this competition but has managed 105 meters on training.... and on top of that he is allegedly equalising hand free and with a mask... :)

Are you sure you're mesuring the rope corectly :) Toni is great, that's yust crazy, can't wait to see what will his competition max look like :)

Most people were treating the Med Cup at training days rather than a competition. That means not many people did everything, quite a few people didn't have a rest day before and some skipped days. Lots were trying dives that were on the edge as far as equalisation and of course some of the time conditions really were quite challenging. Don't read too much into it for the World Champs...

Some like me are just not good with thermoclines - especially in thin suits. I didn't realise how cold the water would get at depth, else I would have brought something with a hood.

on the other hand, we had many NRs and some phenomenal performances... like Michal Rislan's 84m CNF - a new european record!
I made it on the third day of competition with no rest day. 95 CWT day before and 72 CNF 2 days before. I like the reult when I consider the training conditions we have in Czech rep (dark swamps :). Thanks to Eric Fattah and other guys who shared their bright ideas of how to prepare in such conditions :king.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT