• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Med Spearo lost in UK!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Spearito

Sep 19, 2019
Hi everyone!, pretty awesome site you have here, thank you.

After 8 dry years I have decided to take up the fins and gun again for some exploring and delicious meals! (hopefully). Allmy experience is abroad and I have only been out 3x times in UK with mixed results (getting used to currents, vis, and temperature has been interesting. I am pretty familiar with the coastline, as I do a lot of climbing but I wanted to get some more info about venues to visit. This is a very broad topic so I will try to narrow it down:
1- Im not asking for your secret spots of course, but I have struggled to fin a good venue for flatties, is there guideline depth? im looking ad sandy, pebbly bottoms of course. any particular coves you can recommend?

2- i dont mind long walks with the backpack, so i wanted to see if you rate places like winspit quarry? any other places I should visit as a UK Newb?

3- i believe there has been some light chatting about Dancing ledge. how wold you rate this place Vs more traditional places like church ope cove for example?. is it worth the try?

thank you guys this site has massively accelerated the UK learning curve for me.

best

Ramsey

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT