• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

meditative music

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

teppo

Apr 19, 2001
In Eric Fattah's deep dive stories he mentioned about meditative music.
I suppose this is not heavy metal, but what it actually is?
Can anybody mention any specific CD's ?

Personal Choice

Teppo,

Meditative music is a personal choice. Certainly there are numerous "relaxing" and "meditative" CD's out there, but you have to find one that you find relaxing youself...

Probably not what your after but i'm sure some other people could give you an insight into their choices.

Music and training/competing

Well, I use to try and listen to meditative/new age music in the past, but found that my energy level/drive was too low and as a result, I could not get motivated to train. Since then, I have been listening to some really upbeat alternative rock music for my weight training sessions. I find that I have no problem relaxing for any type of apnea, even after listening to this kind of music.

I have found from personal experience that internally reciting certain verses of my belief system calms me more than meditative music did as well.

That isn't to say that this will work for everyone, or that it is even for everyone, but it has been a great influence on how I train.

Some choose to practice eastern philosophy, others on western beliefs of faith, some others choose to meditate on nothing, and then others don't even meditate at all.

Music is a universal medium by which different feelings can be invoked depending upon the person hearing them. I hope this answers your question...

Well, that's my $0.02 worth.

Hi,

Meditative music usually has a slow, 50 beats per minute tempo,
and a steady beat. This type of music is often found in "New Age" bookstores.
It may be useful for supporting meditative practises, but not aerobic training.
The reason for this is that it attempts to generate resting heart rates in the listeners.
Many artists have written for this genre. I do not tend to use it, but many people find it useful.

Best wishes,

Freediver48

Toonz

My favourite is a duo called "Dead can Dance". They are no longer tofgether, but the female, Lisa Gerrard, the haunting voice of the band, continues to produce great work including the music and voice for the movie "Gladiator".
I moved away from meditating with music about 6 years ago. Music to set the mood can be very powerful, but it's nice to be able to achieve deep trance-state without aids. In fact, I have been using aggressive music lately during static practice to help me get used to the proper state of mind, despite hindrances. Just a thought.
Cheers,
Erik Y.:mad: oohhhhmmmmm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT