• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

melbourne dive buddies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rozo

Jun 24, 2008
living in brunswick - a long drive to the water. looking for people to share the boring car trip with - mainly spearfishing , some photography as well. there are 3 of us but it's hard to all get time off together so more the merrier!
drop us a line if you are interested.

Hi there rozo

look like a singles add in the news paper,haha.

"looking for someone to share the car trip, long walks on the beach and summer sunsets"

just kidding mate, did ya end up joining that facebook group i forwarded to ya, should be a couple of local blokes that'll be keen for dive in there.

DD

over 3 thousand people on this site and you are the only one that replies.
aren't you getting any up in queersland?
i thought this was a diving site not a dating site???!!!

i thought this was a diving site not a dating site???!!!

I wonder that myself sometimes :D

Rozo you can have a look at Australian Freediving Community Forum - Index in the VIC section, or Extreme Spearfishing also in the VIC section.

On Facebook check out the Australian Freediving Association page, there's a couple of Victorians lurking on there too.

And of course keep checking here on DB, there's not that many Oz freedivers/spearos but they're growing pretty quickly this year.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ben

Doing ok up here, just couldnt resist, but yeah there arent that many aussies on here.

but we are growing.

but check out the other sites Benny recomended and that vicotorian spearing group i sent ya .

DD

over 3 thousand people on this site and you are the only one that replies.

Well sometimes we miss the introduction threads. However I didn't reply because I am trying to celebrate my birthday!:):friday

I have an uncle living in the outskirts of Melbourne, in Roxburgh Park. If I go down this year for a visit, I'll be sure to drop you a line. How cold is it there anyway?

less than 14 at the moment ! motivation to get wet- very low
rofl

I got wet on monday and trust me i wont be doing anything that stupid for awhile BRRRRRR :)

I only have a 3/2mm steamer so you can imagin how cold it was...

Never go spearfishing in tasmania mid winter in a 3mm i had to walk back around a sand bar wich takes ages compared to swiming as my toes and fingers were literaly nearly snapping off as my mate comfortably swam back with his 5mm

Hey there rozo,

I live in west Melbourne and am keen for a dive most weekends. If your up for a dive sometime, PM me.

P.S I'm a social drinker, non-smoker and like long walks..............................sorry I couldn't help myself. (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha)

Shorerider, Rozo is a pretty handy bloke to know (he owns the Brunswick hotel on Sydney road) so your social drinking will go mdown well. when i lived down there it was a bit of a ritual, go diving for the day then get back to the pub by about 4pm have a couple of beers then go home clean up the fish (when we got them) and then back to the pub for a good night out. i dont know how often he checks this site out but if you pop into the pub and ask for Michael that'll be the man to speak to.

think the pub is 139 Sydney road??? cant remember the number just used to know the place off by heart almost lived there for a year when i think about it.

DD

Thanks DD,

With a bit of digging I now have a phone number for the hotel. (It's actually 140 Sydney rd.)

I might give him a call in the next few days to see if we can organize something.

Cheers, Shorerider.

Hey Rozo & Shorerider, if you guys are planning trips around the place this summer keep me posted if you's are looking for another diver, I'd like to try and get in the mix aswell when I can.

Im an amature spearo but have just reurned from a freediving trip over in thailand that has inspired me to get back into the water as often as I can (...despite the temperature).

Also either of you's know about deep pools or other places (warmer than the bay\sea) to freedive during the colder months here? ....I hate the cold water!

I'm from the south east suburbs btw.

Hey ozmick79,

I was actually planning a dive for this Sunday if you're keen. I'll PM you my mobile number if you want to organize something.

Cheers, Shorerider.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT