• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Memo's first conger

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Beautiful shot Memo!

From the way you went after it, I assume you spotted it the previous drop or? Looks like it gave an initial fight then gave up. Hope it tastes great!

Nice video shane!

PS I had to do a crash course in foreign languages to find the vid though-The link did not work for me but online translators did so I got it!

Yes Anton we spotted it on the previous descent. Great opportunity for a good video ;)

Man you should have seen what happened when we tried to kill it. It was wrapped around my arm and i nearly got injured with the shaft :eek:

Dangerous stuff. ;)

hahahhaha, I'm glad you liked it. You know the cameraman was great so, I did the easy job :D

Brilliant! Glad you posted, I've just been reading the forums and catching up and wanted to also say that the other vids of shaneshac in action were awesome and the sound was sweet -- that throat noise has been so effective in getting Bass's attention that sometimes I forget to not do it when I'm diving these days because it's almost all I want rofl

Well done! Now to download the vid for my viewing pleasure :)

link doesn't work, any chance you can get me one please? Looking for it on pescasub at the minute but don't see it there or I've gone blind?

Last edited:
memoconger.jpg

The video was being downloaded by a lage group of italian spearos yesterday :)hmm i wonder why :D )

It might have been too much for the system

The conger vid is not yet on Pescasub.

If you want to receive the latest vids as they are produced you ca join my mailing list.

PM me an email with an address that can hold attachments up to 10MB

Shane

paddythefrog said:
Brilliant! Glad you posted, I've just been reading the forums and catching up and wanted to also say that the other vids of shaneshac in action were awesome and the sound was sweet -- that throat noise has been so effective in getting Bass's attention that sometimes I forget to not do it when I'm diving these days because it's almost all I want rofl

I thought you said hunting bass was illegal over there rofl rofl rofl

Nice shooting, both of you!
My first conger was stolen by a hungry pelican, larger than I was almost, since I was 9-10 years old. When I tried to get it back she, (yes, it was a she!), stabbed me in the eye with her beak! :ko Guess who won!

Shane, could you make a mailing list where you just tell people of your latest videos and where they can see them instead of recieving the video by email? I'd be interested to sign up for that. I'll PM you my email.

Adrian

Cheers Memo. Shane, you've got a pm, thanks! :)

If you're getting sound and no video or vice versa then there's a problem with the codecs setup on your machine.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT