• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mentoring

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Angus

Apr 2, 2001
I have agreed to act as a volunteer mentor for the entire category of Freediving. I will still function primarily as a contributing member and my Mentor status does not place an official stamp of authority on any of my contributions. Stephan and Cliff have set the gold standard on how to mentor forums.
I plan to use their model.

I have noticed that I will seldom have to use my limited mentor privileges because of the high level of sophistication, caring, courtesy, and just plain goodness that has been consistently demonstrated in the Freedive forums by the all of the contributors. All of us who have contributed have helped to create this and to make this a safe place to explore ideas that range from the simple to the sublime. The openness to receiving differing opinions and responding with modifications of one's original position that has been demonstrated over and over again is truly amazing.

I think it is a privilege to support the international group of people who take the time to communicate in such an intelligent and thoughtful manner. In the past year or so, that I have been a member of Deeper Blue Forums, I have learned a tremendous amount about the people, the spirit, the issues, the equipement, the cultures, the training, and most importantly, the fun of the worldwide freediving community. In a devisive and contentious world I have found that freediving, the sport and the people, are a wonderful counterpoint as they focus their energy towards cheering each other on, protecting one another, and caring about our planet. This is my way of giving a little back to all of you who have given me so much.

Warmly, Angus

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT