• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Message from Umberto

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Neshamah:
Umberto travels around the world all the year doing courses and other things.
He has no time to read forums!

:) Saludos,
Edu

Hi Johnny,
The show is awesome. It is broadcast on Rete 4.
I can’t tell the stories of all episodes but there are a few that impressed me the most. One of them is with Giorgio Dapiran who teaches Umberto how to hunt in the deep (20-30 metres). Umberto was complaining how he had difficulties doing aspetto and Dapiran told him how to keep his body in a position that prevents the fish hearing his heartbeat. He told him also to put some Vaseline on spots on his suit which rub against each other (armpits, neck etc.) and emit high frequency sounds that scary the fish. This is just an example of how interesting and informative these short films are.
Even Umberto has A LOT to learn from these guys as regards fishing.
There are some 20 episodes that I have on my comp. and I’m watching them regularly.
Gianfranco Donati, Renzo Mazzarri, Fabrizio D’Agnano, Marco Bardi, Valerio Grassi etc. are among the spearos Umberto dives with in the different episodes.

Reactions: johnny
He has no time to read forums!

_________

Not way---how he can't has time to read forum?

how david lee

Tom sieta and Erick and other post here wihout problem?

I think he is to busy to see where really is the necesity

even God has time for the us

Saludos

Im not mad !just a thinking

Daniel....

hi daniel,

Although David Lee and Eric Fattah work full time and freedive, you're forgetting that Umberto is a national icon in Italy and does do a lot of travelling. I have exchanged a few emails with him in the past and he is always too busy to say more than a few lines, let along write many posts on deeperblue.

best,

Peter Scott
Vancouver, BC

Although David Lee and Eric Fattah work full time and freedive, you're forgetting that Umberto is a national icon in Italy and does do a lot of travelling. I have exchanged a few emails with him in the past and he is always too busy to say more than a few lines, let along write many posts on deeperblue.

In my mind I do not understand how a person can be very busy??

is he trying to destroy himself- " There is time for everything under earht"

Peter next time when you email Umberto past this to him:

We live in constant tension between the urgent and the important. The problem is that may important tasks need not be done today,or even this week .A person's home is no longer a castle,a private place away from urgent tasks. The telephone breaches its walls with incessant demands.The appeal of these demands seems irresistible,and they devour our energy. But in the ligth of eternity their momentary prominence fades. With a sence of loss we reall the important tasks that have beein shunted aside. We realize that we've become slaves to the tyraanny of the urgent.
Is there any escape from this patter of living?

THE EXAMPLE OF JESUS

On the night before he die , Jesus made an astonishing claim. In his great prayer of John 17 he said to his Father." I have brought you Glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do"

we wonder how Jesus could have talked about a completed work. His three-year ministry seemed all too short.
on the last night ,with many urgent human needs unmet and usful tasks undone,the Lord had peqace, He knew that he had completed the work God had give him
On many occcasion Jesus declared that he did not come to carry out his own plans." I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me ... I i do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.. I always do what pleases him" Jn 6:38)

The Gospel records show that Jesus worked hard . After describing a busy day,Mark reports "That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon possessed. The whole town gathered at the door,and Jesus healed many who had various diseases, He also drove out many demons( Mk 1:32-34)
On another occasion the demands of the sick and maimed kept Jesus and his disci;es so busy that they were not even able to eat. His family went to take charge of him , cloncluding that he was out of his mind( Mk 3:20-21) after yet another strenuous teaching session, Jesus and his disciples left the crowd and boarded a boat." A furious squall came up , and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped." Throught it all Jesus was sleeping in the stern on a cushion ( Mk 4:35-38) What a picture of exhaustion
Yet Jesus life was never feverish;he had time for people. He could spend hours talking with one person, such as the Samaritan woman at the well( Jn 4) His life showed a wonderful balance, a sense of timing. On one occasion his brothers urged him to go to judea.. Jesus replied," The right time for me has not yet come ; for you any time is right" Jn 7:6)
In the discipline and culture of the spiritual life A.E Whitehama observes," Here in this Man is adequate purpose....... inward rest, that gives an air of leisure to His crowded life. Above all there is in this Man a secret and a power of dealing with the waste-products of life, the waste of pain,disappointment,enmity,death,abruptly cut off, to be a finished life. We cannot admire the poise and beauty of this human life, and then ignore the things that made it"

WAIT FOR INTRUCTIONS

What was the secret of Jesus' ministry? We discover a clue in Mark's report of what happend after a very busy day of teaching and healing wich we first noted. " Very early in the morning while it was still dark , Jesus got up,left the house and went off to a solitary place , where prayed" ( Mk 1:35) He prayerfully waite for his fahter's intructions. Jesus had no divinely drawn blueprint or schedule ; he discerned the Father's will day by day in a life of prayer. Because of this he was able to resiste the urgent demands of others and do what was really important for his mission.
When John the Baptist had preached. Jesus received and urgent message from his close friend Mary and Martha concerning his close friends Lazarus: " Lord, the one you love is sick( Jn 11:3) John records the Lord's paradoxical response:" Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. Yet when he heard that lazarus was sick,he stayed where he was two more days:
The urgent need was to prevent the death of the beloved brother. But the important thing from God's point of view was to raise Lazarus from the dead. So he was allowe to die and his sister to grieve. Then Jesus traveled to Beetahny and also wept with the family. He raised Lazarus, having proclaimed:" I am the resurrection and the life He who believes in me will live,
In both of these situation Jesus'yes to the Father's purpose meant saying no to urgent demands of humand need. For the "man of sorrows... familiar with suffering "( Is 53:3) those frequent decisions must have been extremely painful

we may wonder why our lord's ministry was so short, why it could not have lasted another five or ten years.
. Since Scripture give no answer to these questions, we must leave then within the mystery of God's purposes. But we do know that Jesus' prayerful waiting for the Father's instruction freed him from the tiranny fo the urgent. It gave him a sense of direction, set a steady peace and at the end of his earthly ministry gave him the satisfaction that he had completed the work God had assigned him.

DEPENDENCE MAKES YOU FREE

Freedom from tyrany of the urgent is found not only in the example fo our Lord but also in his promise. In a vigorous debate with the Pharisees in jerusalem,Jesus said to those who believed in him ." If you hold to my teaching,you are really my disciples. Then yo uwill know the truth ,and the truth will set you free..... I tell you the truth everyone who sins is a salev to sin... if the Son sets you free,you will be free indeed( Jn 8:31-32,34,36)

Many of us have experienced Christ's deliverance from the penalty and power of sin in our lives.Are we also letting him free us from the tyranny of the urgent ? In this message he points the eay: " If you hold to my teaching" This is the path to freedom , continuing day by day to meditate on the Scriptures and gain our Lord's perspective.

Prayerfull waiting on God is indispensable to effective service. Like the
time out in basketball game,it enables us to chatch our breath and reevaluate our strategy. In prayer wew learn the truth about God, ourselves and the tasks the wants us to undertake. the need itself,however urgent,is not the call for us to meet it;the call must come from the lord who knows our limitations ,"The LORD has compassion on those who fear him;for the knows how we are formed,he remembers that we are dust" Ps 103"13-14. It is not God who leads us until we bend or break with an ulcer,heart attack or stroke. These largely come from our inner compusions under the pressure of external demands

There are two opposite ways to use our time . One person goes through the day responding mainly to inner compulsions and outward pressures of the moment.Anther has a plan that sets priorities and prayerfully makes decisions in advance. Most of us live somewhere between these two extremes . But no matter where we are on the scalee,progress is possible.
Over the year I have dound that one fo the greatest struggles in the christian life is the effort to make adequate time for daily waiting on God weekly inventory and monthly panning .Yet this is the path to escaping the tyranny of the urgent.
As we hold to the teaching of Jesus and seek his wisdom in the decision we make, he frees us from the tyranny of the urgent to do what is really important.
Nothing substitutes for knowing that on this day at this hour,in this place ,we are doing the will of our Father in heaven . Only then cana we comtemplate in peace so many unfinished tasks . At the end of our lives,whether they are short or long,what could give us greater joy than beeing sure that we have completed the work God gave us to do?
then we can look forward to seeing our Lord and hearing him say "Well done,good and faithful servant! ( Mt 25:21)

Um...right. I believe people have to make their own decisions about what matters to them. For you, it is the teachings you have listed above. For Umberto, well, I'll let him decide....

I know your beliefs, faith and values are important to you, but let's try to stay on topic.

Peter Scott
Vancouver, BC

Reactions: sinkweight
I know your beliefs, faith and values are important to you, but let's try to stay on topic.

_________

I have been out of this forum for a time

I do not know if Im out of Topic- - But one thing I know that the best topic and the most important in this world and in the freediving world is God our savior -

how sad is to be very close to the the creacion -the ocean- and ignore His Creator!

Im not judging him- Im just expresing the burden I have for all the freediving comunity to get to know Jesus

If I tell you the truth is because I love you all-if not I can only talk about simple freediving the things I have done all my life -

I have a uncle that is dying in cuba from lung cancer - he has only a piece of lung to breath - and the only is in his mind is to pray God-

How we -that have both lung and breath perfectly can be so apart from God

Daniel.

Last edited:
Let's get back to diving shall we?

To all,

I think, be it as a quasi-agnostic such as myself (another forum on another website, perhaps), that we all are sufficiently appreciative of his/her own doctrine displayed through personal members settings.... whether it be iconic avatars, or beautifully worded credenda incorporated in our members' signatures as a testimony to their devotion and love of their originator and/or faith. There are many here at Deeperblue who lovingly declare their beliefs this way, a way we can all respect and admire.

But, even though you may be an athiest, agnostic, a doctrinaire, or devout what-have-you, I'm not the only member here who would like to see the actual content of the forum a little bit less about ideology, and more so about the interestedness and indulgence of diving.

This is one of the few places I've ever seen on the world wide web where everyone can come together to enjoy a much more earthly fullfillment and love for nature, despite each members' respective beliefs regarding its origin.

The only tense moments I've seen on any forum is when politics and religion are involved. It's safe to say that most members are close friends with one another here. I think that not only tolerance, but sensitivity and a respect to others' personal space is key in maintaining such a care free aura.

This is a diving website. I think the reason why it's so international, is because the only emphasis we project is just that of diving and other aquatic-related topics. Religion is something to be enjoyed and discussed in an appropriately designated medium, be it a religious web site, place of worship, a coffee shop, or even door-to-door for some groups.

Now let's all concentrate on the subject at hand, because I sure hope that Umberto surfaces somewhere here in Deeperblue.net. It's always nice to have celebrities put in an article or even a simple salutation.

Last edited:
Reactions: jome and Erik
Hey Dobs:
if you have them in your pc, where can they be found to download them? I would appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Roberto

The only tense moments I've seen on any forum is when religion are involved

Do we get tense when Yoga is involved in here?

I get tense

But If the truth make people feel tense something is going wrong

Neshamah, my brother, your heart means well, but please understand that people have their own ways to reach the Creator, and their own interpretations. We are given the freedom and must respect the fact that we can all express it in the way we feel comfortable.
Preaching generally has the opposite effect than what is desired. Let people find God in their own path. They will come to you by the example you set, not when you aggressively try to convince them that your path is the only path. Even 100 men in the same church have different visions and interpretations of the Path.
I like you. That's the only reason I'd even speak to this.
Assalamu alaikum,
Erik Y.

Reactions: Rolando
I like you. That's the only reason I'd even speak to this.
Assalamu alaikum,
________

Hijole- Me dejaste sin palabra Erick

Shalom

Daniel

rcerdena, I sent you a PM about the Pianetamare films.

Re: hi

[/QUOTE]
Shaca tell me something--- I never seeing a tread here talking about "Coral Negro"

is that ilegal? I used to take some in cuba a long time a go--

but we realy have to go deep to get it?

the first time I went to my friend in the bay of matanzas I saw for the first time take a big one " Racimo of coral negro" and I said to him - HEY what are you taking that tree for?[/QUOTE]
I know is legal in Hawaii

HEY what are you taking that tree for?[/QUOTE]
I know is legal in Hawaii

Well -I used to take this in Cuba --and sell it-

and make "collar" with this -

we used to polished the coral negro in cuba with toothpaste

efattah said:
"and I will strike out with great anger and furious rebukes, and you will know that I am the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon you."
it is good to be known.....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT