• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Metal Teck 4S - Upgrades

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gazz

Jun 22, 2005
Hi there,

I recently got a Riffe Metal Tech 4S, with enclosed track, floater kit and a 8mm 65" Speed shaft (ie flopper shaft), and the standard x3 14mm rubbers.

The gun goes great.. But I get the feeling that it could go better, currently the spear doesnt go quiet as fast as my euro guns (ie 6.5spear + 20mm rubber).

I want maximum speed and that full 7meters of range without compromising on accuracy.

What Rubber setups have people tried with the 8mm shaft and what do they recommend?

Also what is the maximum effective range people have achieved with this gun?

Have you looked at the aluminium nozzle that allows you to further install an extra rubber (sometimes 2). Your 8mm shaft could possibly be to heavy for even three bands and so the 4th could add the extra power to build momentum of the shaft more effectively. ie. shoot it faster. This setup i have heard also works great with larger diameter shafts (10mm+) giving you the option of interchanging shaftes if you wish to do a spot of open water.

Hi Gazz, I think you probably have a deficiency in band power. I currently use 3 14mm bands on my Riffe comp #1 with a 44" 7mm shaft and that goes good, but I wouldn't want any less power like you may have with your larger, longer shaft (save the comments, please :) ) You could probably get away with 3 of the 5/8" or even 3/4" bands from riffe to make up that deficiency in power, then that speargun would probably have more power than you know what to do with (well, I guess you would know to shoot fish with it!) But I hope these findings of mine will help you with rigging your speargun for some more power. With that enclosed track and the general riffe performance I dont think you will compromise accuracy with A LOT more power in the gun. Good luck!

-John

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT