• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Methods of Freediver training - question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kitai

Dec 16, 2019
Hey my friends,

In Natilia Mochanova's "Methods of Freediver training" she writes about freestyle swimming with limited air intake (every 5, 7 or 9 strokes). I did that yesterday but I was unsure about one thing.

When do you exhale?

1. Distribute your exhale of the course of the non-breathing time? That would limit the available oxygen but feel a bit more natural as a breathing pattern
2. Exhale right away only allowing your body to consume a minimal amount of oxygen while the air is in your lungs?
3. Hold your breath and exhale right before you're gonna come up next for an inhale? This would maximize the amount of oxygen available and simulate what we do in a short freedive. Then again this would be the easiest option and that's not necessarily what we're aiming for.

Do you know how Natalia did it?

Reactions: Kodama
I learned Version 3 in a Worhshop but it wasnt a Molchanov Worshop. Its like this. Start wirh a full inhale, start swimming, swimming speed should be equal to your diving speed, hold your breath until a defined length (not strokes), before exhale stop swimming, exhale and then inhale again full, start swimming.

Holding your breath will not make it easier. The urge to breath is harder.

While it is called hypoxic swimming, I think you will reach a high co2 level not a low o2 level.

I do these all the time, I use #1 - exhale throughout as you normally would when swimming. Although I think #3 is probably better for freediving.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT