• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mexico Beach, Florida

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Buzz

Jun 30, 2002
I would appreciate any information that someone might have on the Cape San Blas; Mexico Beach region of Florida. I have access to an 18' boat to get a bit offshore in good weather, and would like to find some locations to shoot some fish for supper. Any info would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hey I was interested in the same area and this what I was able to dig up. I don't have a boat so I was going to use my sea kayak and gps. I'm sure that captain black's dive center will give you the GPS cords. I think site 6 looks pretty promising, I wish I could dive on those sites but I don't have the freediving experience yet to make to the depths sites are located. If it's alright I would like to contacted in the future to have dive buddy with a boat when I head down florida. I'm going start spearfishing pretty soon.

Just go to dive infromation to find the info.

BladeRunner

http://www.captainblacksmarine.com/

hey fellas.....although i'm up at school till december i come home to florida to visit quite a bit.....if ya'll put together a trip to florida let me know......not that i'll be able to ehlp ya'll much in terms of refining your skills as freedivers, although i have met up with some of the guys from this website and they taught me the basics.....but yeah, send me an e-mail if you get something together - maybe i'll be in town....minimally come december i'll be around for good....alright, take it easy
tyler

Blade:

Thanks for the info. Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Let me know if you are headed that way, I'll see if we can get you on a boat and save you some paddlin'.

Buzz

future diving?

Buzz I wanted to see if I could get hold of you about doing some diving in Cape San Blas area at the end of December. Are you able to get a hold of boat still. Let me know if you are still interested? I have a good contact that has a beach house there for over 20 years and fishes the area alot. I have a map that shows all the locations of some really good places to dive and spearfish!!!

You still live in Athens, GA. and would you be interested in getting together for some freedive training?

BladeRunner OUT

Hi Buzz,
My info is about 10 years old, but I don't think too much has changed. There is a boat ramp just inside the inlet to Apalachicola Bay that is closest to Cape San Blas. Used to be very isolated. The spearing on rock reefs and ledges just south of there in 35 to 55 ft. is excellent. Vis is not usually good enough to freedive, because of outflow from Apalachicola Bay. See if you can find someone with numbers in that area, it will have less preasure than almost anywhere else on that coast. All my old numbers are loran so won't do much good.

Good Luck

Connor

Re: Mexico Beach, Florida--Cape San Blas!

There is also a boat ramp in St. Joseph Peninsula State Park at the end of Cape San Blas! There is a marina in Port St. Joe--Port St. Joe Marina!

I am fairly familiar with the area if I can help you with any questions!

Wendy Jackson
www.TheCapeEscape.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT