• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Midlands Freediving Association

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Scott_1987

Jul 9, 2017
Evening all,

Just wanted to put out some feelers as to possible interest in starting up a freediving club in the midlands.. Naturally Stoney Cove in Leicester would be ideal and if you're into scuba you'll no doubt be familiar.

We're thinking of doing it on a Tuesday eve (while daylight hours permit!) at around 6:30pm.

Be great to get more people involved so if like me, you're landlocked in the middle of this country wanting somewhere to train for those awesome trips to the big blue get in touch!

Stoney Cove are 'in the process' of setting up access for freedivers as they haven't done this up til now, but if we have a group of us eager to start I can't see them turning down the business..

Hit me up if you're interested.

Scott.

Evening all,

Just wanted to put out some feelers as to possible interest in starting up a freediving club in the midlands.. Naturally Stoney Cove in Leicester would be ideal and if you're into scuba you'll no doubt be familiar.

We're thinking of doing it on a Tuesday eve (while daylight hours permit!) at around 6:30pm.

Be great to get more people involved so if like me, you're landlocked in the middle of this country wanting somewhere to train for those awesome trips to the big blue get in touch!

Stoney Cove are 'in the process' of setting up access for freedivers as they haven't done this up til now, but if we have a group of us eager to start I can't see them turning down the business..

Hit me up if you're interested.

Scott.

Hi Scott

I've recently moved to the Midlands with a new job and I just have the basic PADI frediver qualification but would like to meet people to practice my skills with. Possibly in a pool in the winter but up for the outdoors during the warmer months.

Petrina

Hi Petrina,

That sounds great. I'm PADI Advanced Open Water, but don't have much experience freediving either.. Hence why me and Martin (who started the other thread) are looking at getting a club together.

Do you know where Stoney Cove is? Where in the midlands are you based? I need to talk to Stoney Cove this week about when we can start, and Martins looking into gear etc. But it'd be great to practice with you.

My number's 07956478034. Drop me a text and I'll keep you updated.. Hopefully we can all meet in a couple of weeks.

Scott.

Hi Petrina,

That sounds great. I'm PADI Advanced Open Water, but don't have much experience freediving either.. Hence why me and Martin (who started the other thread) are looking at getting a club together.

Do you know where Stoney Cove is? Where in the midlands are you based? I need to talk to Stoney Cove this week about when we can start, and Martins looking into gear etc. But it'd be great to practice with you.

My number's 07956478034. Drop me a text and I'll keep you updated.. Hopefully we can all meet in a couple of weeks.

Scott.

Hi Scott

That all sounds good. I have just looked up Stoney Cove it looks fine I live in Derbyshire at the moment by I work at Fradley near Lichfield so will probably move closer that way providing my new job works out.

I don't have much of a phone signal where I live currently, are you on whatsapp? I will text when I can find a signal anyway.

Cheers

Petrina

Ok cool, so that could work pretty well then. Not sure if you saw my post on Martyn's thread, but we could train at the cove every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month.. Until it gets darker of course!

We were thinking about 6:30-8:30. Would that fit around your work hours? I'm not on whatsapp at the mo as I'm rocking a phone from the 90's at the minute. Ha. But should be upgrading pretty soon..

We'll sort out a meet in the coming weeks to discuss and arrange things. Hope the new job goes well! :)

Scott

@Scott_1987 - let me know if you need me to have some conversations with Stoney management. I'm there this weekend for some scuba diving but am keen to see Freediving there as well.

Hi, I’m Pete and it was me that suggested freediving at Stoney Cove because I was freediving there last year.

Their “rules” are as follows:

There must be at least two divers.
You must wear a snorkeler’s life jacket.
One up, one down. (ie somebody must remain on the surface)

We didn’t use a line but instead went along the perimeter and dived down at points of interest. We found a crayfish at one point, a cute little creature.

However I do have a torpedo buoy, line and anchor.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT