• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

mini flashers?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
has anyone made a small flasher that they could possibly keep in a pouch on the weightbelt? I would like to make one about 20' long, not too much crap on it, just something handy when the hoos are swimming about. My float is about 100' behind me at most times due to the current here so hanging one off that isnt what Im looking for.

Also condidering attaching 2 or 3 plastic mirrors(small and light) to my float line about 10' or so away from the gun. Then I always have a little something nearby...

Any thoughts:confused:

Ooaaw this was going to be my little secret, but since its you Rig..

You know the Trout trolling rigs? I dont know what you guys in the states call them. They are 5 or 6 little metal leaves, either copper or silverish, that spin on a wire guide. Basically you hook one end onto your fishing line and attach your lure to the other end. As the lot travels through the water the leaves spin and give off a lot of flashes. Ive never found them in coastal fisning stores only in the inland stores that cater to trout fishing.

Anyway I use it down here to get kingfish to come in for a look.
All you need is weight on the bottom and about 2-3m of line so you can dangle it below yourself. Fits into a pouch very neatly..:)

Also condidering attaching 2 or 3 plastic mirrors(small and light) to my float line about 10' or so away from the gun. Then I always have a little something nearby...

I don't think this would be a good idea. I'm not the smartest in the underwater world, but here's what I could imagine happening.

You shoot your big wahoo out of a big school of fish...
You are at the end of your floatline on your floats, and then something happens... Another wahoo just bit your floatline in half. You just lost your pride and joy.

Thats what I think will happen if you put a flasher on your floatline.

Hi Rig ,
You familiar with those orange canisters the 1000 ft parachute flares come in ? I have one of those with a stout fishing line attached and rolled around the outside , connected to 5 - 6 reflective plasticky fishing lure thingies 12 cm. by 4cm flat flimsy magoodies ... :duh Man I love getting technical .
I keep said items inside the canister ; with lid back on it's sealed and floats clipped onto my buoy . It's really inobtrusive and quick to deploy .
BTW have a smallish weight attached to bottom .

maybe Im just not a techie, but i think I understand:confused:

maybe a pic of the whatchamadidly would help(enters Sven, stage left...)

and the lights dim...

to reveal that the butler did her!

I like Abri's idea! I wonder who gave it to him? :t Easy boet!

I was thinking of putting together some herring flashers on a line- they're about 2"x4" rectanglular with radiused corners and polished/reflective tape on them with swivels and all. They're about 5 bones at the discount places here. Wanna you wan me bring some fo youze? Course you gotta remember to drop da hammer fo dat hoo turns turtle dere brah!

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT