• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Minima strap

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fpernett

Nov 7, 2001
My minima strap get broken, how can I replace it?.
Other mask straps are too wide

Frank,

I didn't even wait for my Minima mask strap to break before I replaced it with a beefier 5/8" silicone strap (about 16.5 mm). At any rate, straps of this width seem to be the norm in the U.S.

There is a slight problem with the strap's thickness (about 1.65 mm), but with some patience and a little bit of soap to lubricate the strap, it can be squeezed through the adjustment mechanism on the side of the mask.

Good luck. I think that the Minima with a heavy strap is about the perfect mask -- except for the dorky, cat-eye look it imparts to the diver;).

Everyone's minima strap breaks. I replaced mine with a dacor bandit strap.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Originally posted by Pezman
I replaced it with a beefier 5/8" silicone strap (about 16.5 mm). At any rate, straps of this width seem to be the norm in the U.S.

Pez, what straps are those and where do you get them? I use my Dacor Bandit strap too, but would like to know where I good get a spare.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Erik,

Most dive shops should have a crate of straps lying around since it's the one part of the mask that fails from time to time. A lot of the on-line shops have them too. I checked LeisurePro and Diver's Discount and both have straps for about $5 (plus $hipping). Eric's idea of stealing a strap from another mask is a good one too.

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll start to look for it.
Someone told me to replace it with a swimm goggle strap. Will that work?.

I suppose that it will work as long as the band is split in the back. Otherwise, the strap will tend to slide off (either over your head or down onto your neck).

Losing the ability to see underwater always makes me a little anxious and I immediately get the urge to breathe.

I couldn't find another strap (Dacor Bandit) in my city. So I used a Speedo strap, and is working fine.
I feel it better than the original strap.
Thanks to all for the ideas

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT