• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Modify Subgear S2

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Per Jennische

Nov 19, 2014
Hi,

Im curious if anyone has tried to use the Subgear S2 blades with a third party pocket?

Obviously you would have to cut off and throw away the original pocket, but I'm curious if the blade would fit in a standard sized pocket, like the pathos?

Being very new to freediving/spearfishing i'm very interesting in going away from the plastic fin.
I have been looking at the Subgear S2 blades, but the foot pocket looks like a torture instrument, rather than a comfortable foot pocket.!
Sorry, i have no answer to your question.

Being very new to freediving/spearfishing i'm very interesting in going away from the plastic fin.
I have been looking at the Subgear S2 blades, but the foot pocket looks like a torture instrument, rather than a comfortable foot pocket.!
Sorry, i have no answer to your question.

Actually the footpockets are very very comfortable. My problem is that I bought a size too big so I lose some power in my kicks, if I would have got the right size I would happily keep using them.
If you are looking for a soft fin I can definitely recommend them.

I have been looking at so many fins, that i can't make up my mind. Have also been looking at fiberglass fins.
There are so many on my bucket list. :)

Where are you from?

I have been looking at so many fins, that i can't make up my mind. Have also been looking at fiberglass fins.
There are so many on my bucket list. :)

Where are you from?

It depends on what you need them for. Fiberglass takes some more beating. Im also using a pair of Captain Nemo Fiberglass fins from waterway. I love them. They have taken me to 60m and I feel I can go further still. They're cheap too if tou order them from Ukraine where they are made.

I'm from Sweden but I live and dive in Indonesia.

From Denmark here. :)

I have been looking at the Captain nemo too.
We have alot of rocky dives in DK, and the water is not to deep.
Maybe captain nemo is a good choice for me. :)

It depends on what you need them for. Fiberglass takes some more beating. Im also using a pair of Captain Nemo Fiberglass fins from waterway. I love them. They have taken me to 60m and I feel I can go further still. They're cheap too if tou order them from Ukraine where they are made.

I'm from Sweden but I live and dive in Indonesia.
Are you using these Nemo fins with the Captain Nemo foot pockets? If yes, then what do you think of them?

Are you using these Nemo fins with the Captain Nemo foot pockets? If yes, then what do you think of them?

I did use the Captain nemo lite foot pocket factory assemble at first. I liked the fit of the pocket which was very comfortable for me barefoot. Unfortunately I developed an allergy to the material and as I couldn't fit a sock in there I cut the pockets off and assembled a pair of Mares Razor pockets instead. That works even better. The Captain nemo lite pockets have extremely short rails, in combination with my very soft stiffness 2 blades it caused the blades to bend closer to the pockets than I liked them too. With the Mares pockets longer, albeit soft rails it's better, though I believe the Omer Stingray pocket with its stiffer rails would give the best performance with the stiffness 2 blade.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT