• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mods for the RA

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gitano

Feb 20, 2003
I don't think a trash can will fix my problem so anyone with that answer don't waste your time... I have got a line release hook that is fatiguing and is a little fickle does anyone know where to find the stainless piece that I am told exists for this problem... I am also told that there are a couple of mods for the safety, what do any of you know about this?

BTW to anyone whom I have contacted abotu being on the Big Island I will be there in two or three weeks, my plans changed!

Reactions: ivan
Yeah the plastic line release has a habit of snapping.
The SS ones are supposedly available from retailers but here in Oz its taking a while. Best bet is to contact the dive factory direct, have a whinge to Rob about it, and get them to send you a replacement one.

Safety Mods: Get rid of it. If you want a safe gun just unload it. Never rely on a safety to keep the gun from firing. The safety has a habit of sliding from the fire to the safe position and stuffing up shots that way.

Reactions: gitano
hi

Agree with shadow just pull your safety out both my Ra have no safety one time the safety was on when I was lining up a prize and wouldnt shoot so when I got home I immediately pulled every safety out of all the guns we own :D

cheers

Reactions: gitano
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT