• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

monday morning

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

immerlustig

BlueSkunk
Aug 17, 2002
...just one of these days...

roland

:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_9681sw.jpg
    IMG_9681sw.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_9690sw.jpg
    IMG_9690sw.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_9689sw.jpg
    IMG_9689sw.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 274
Oh man... Thanks for the reminder! What a serene looking time. Look forward to sailing through the med for some of that.

Was there ever a better example of "a picture is worth a thousand words."

Great shots

Connor

Hmm... I guess that I have to get my shiny white ass back to Dahab ASAP.

Love the pictures!

Peter P

wooo hoooo I go next week!!!!!

can't wait to get into that lovely blue stuff again

too much green in my life right now

s

this week started all right again :t

roland

Attachments

• manta1s.jpg
    manta1s.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 185
  • manta2s.jpg
    manta2s.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 190
  • manta3s.jpg
    manta3s.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 182
  • manta4s.jpg
    manta4s.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: tylerz
Seriously nice Manta Ray Roland.

How big was it???

Haven't seen any Ray's that big out here yet!

Have a grea week, Golfinho!

I see your mission is finally acomplished. :)
Blue hole I presume by the swimmer in the background of one of the photos?
Now if you could only take a shot of that huge puffer fish hanging around... ;)

Awsome pictures!!! :)

Thanks for posting it. My week is still long. :)

Was it inside the or outside the blue hole?
How long did it stay?

MANUEL

I must definately get a new job, maybe one that allows me to do that! :)
As they say when your job starts to interfere with your diving, its time to get a new one. :)
It sucks having to sit in a office all day and longing for the weekend and now that winters creeping around the corner Ill have to go diving in bad vis aswell but I cant imagine the whole winter without a dive.
Ok I must stop now otherwise Im gonna go insane!!!!!!!!

you know michael, that manta wasn't in the blue hole, only puffer fish there ;)

...and thousands of snorkellers.

we were diving in the south that day. it swam along the beach between 15m and 5m. i followed it for about 15 minutes, passed a few groups of bubble divers (only one group actually saw it :hungover) and then let it carry on.

it's been a bit of a project of mine for years to dive with a manta and now that i finally had the opportunity i want to do it again. that was an absolutely fascinating experience.

roland

:king

Reactions: DeepThought
So these beautiful shots are made in Dahab? Awsome...

What's the best diving spot in Egypt, in your opnion? I've heard a lot about Ras Mohamed.

Oh, and about how deep are these pictures taken?

hi,

personally my favourite diving spot is dahab. that's why i decided to live here in the first place. it's going to be my 6th year now, so it can't be that bad :D

ras mohammed is very nice to freedive as well (shore diving), warmer water and more corals and bigger fisheeez.

the manta pix were taken in 5-15m depth, the ones at the drop off at around 20m.

roland

:)

immerlustig said:
you know michael, that manta wasn't in the blue hole, only puffer fish there ;)

...and thousands of snorkellers.

we were diving in the south that day. it swam along the beach between 15m and 5m. i followed it for about 15 minutes, passed a few groups of bubble divers (only one group actually saw it :hungover) and then let it carry on.

it's been a bit of a project of mine for years to dive with a manta and now that i finally had the opportunity i want to do it again. that was an absolutely fascinating experience.

roland

:king

dam i missed that :D

Wow, those manta rays photos are great! Good job and well earned it appears. So, that was/is a big question on my mind, whether Dahab is a good representation for the notoriety surrounding the Red Sea's incredible diversity and color of sea life?

After hearing about the Red Sea's diving, I had put it on my next place to stop for a trip. It looks like it will happen this coming fall. So, have you heard or experienced other areas of the Red Sea, and how do they compare?

Cheers,

Tyler

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT